PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent

phokingphosho
01-10-2004, 03:46 PM
Damn guys, someone hit my car with something last night, on the hatch trunk...It's got a dent, but the paint is still there, not scratched or anything, but it's still a huge dent. :mad: . My JDM headlights came in, but this thing with the dent pretty much ruined it for me. :'( Anyone have any idea if the dent could be fixed, or would I need to replace it since I would imagine it'd be a ridiculous amount of work to fix it with bondo? Well I just needed to vent some...I hope everyone else's ep3 is fine. :p

shimmy_yaz
01-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Contact your local used car dealership and see if they know of anyone that does dent pulling. I know of a couple dealerships around here that have a company come and that specializes in dent removal where they use suction cup pullers as long as there is no creases and the paint is not cracked they can usually pull the dent back out and there is no needd to get the car repainted so it's alot cheaper.

Or depending on the size and location of the dent you can try an old trick. Just simply get your plunger and push it fast to the dent so it suctions fast then in a swift motion pull the plunger straight back. A lot of times this will pop the dent right out and there is no damage done to the car. The dent has to be about the same size or larger than the plunger for this to work though.

Let me know how you make out and really sorrry to hear some asshole had to do this in the first place.

OziD
01-10-2004, 05:31 PM
If you can get your hands on some dry ice, you might want to try and rub that on the dent (not with your bare hands, of course). This will cause the body panel to expand and contract, bringin the dent back to its original form. That is how a lot of places pull dents.

shimmy_yaz
01-10-2004, 06:12 PM
hmm never heard of the dry ice theory interesting