PDA

View Full Version : New Apexi Suspension

speedology
01-11-2004, 02:07 PM
i'll let the pictures do all the talking... you won't believe how much i got these bad boys for

speedology
01-11-2004, 02:09 PM
picture 2

speedology
01-11-2004, 02:12 PM

YooShin
01-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Well, how much did you get those for? If I got a good pay raise this year, I was thinking about going with a full CO set up and honestly I think Tein products are slightly over rated. I know I'm gonna catch alota shit for that comment, but I've yet to be impressed by their springs or CO.

RacingCivicSi02
01-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Im also interested How Much you got these for. Im thinking bout switching out my H&R springs and going for some coilovers.

speedology
01-11-2004, 02:43 PM
the owner from M.O.B. WORKS gave me these. he paints the apexi rx7 so he got these for free since he has an ep and he offered them to me for $500 so i couldn't say no... these CO handle like crazy... these are pretty pricey if u buy them brand new i think they go for around $2500...

Civicvtec1ps
01-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Damn thats awesome.

02SilverSiHB
01-11-2004, 08:05 PM
sweet! you lucky fucker! :D
anymore pics from further away?

02SilverSiHB
01-11-2004, 08:07 PM
by the way, your pics in your member profile are all fucked :) might wanna fix em
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10881&highlight=speedology

speedology
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Would you mind meeting up sometime? I want to see how it feels (fellow enthusiast in stiff suspension) and maybe if you want, we can see how each other's suspension rides. I live near Cal Poly Pomona so it ain't that far at all.

i live in riverside so i dont know when i could meet you up...

speedology
01-13-2004, 02:17 AM
My parents live in chino hills and i go to school in riverside. i usually come down though to chino hills. heres my sn IM me b0n3rmann.

Siman
01-13-2004, 10:16 AM
holy shit....:confused:

tony speed
01-13-2004, 01:35 PM
anyone who thinks they're going to get these coilovers better think again. I don't think you can buy them in the US. They only sell then in japan. Be prepared to pay mad shipping.

speedology
01-13-2004, 03:51 PM
i think tony speed is right because on the box it says EP3 type r... eh whatever i got some

tony speed
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by blackdc5
Apex'I also has HQ in SoCal, so I wouldn't doubt that they have some dampers valved for US streets. But, still cost a lot. Do you know if they had any for a DC5? I'd be interested in seeing how those run also...also were they all the TYPE-V or were there any TYPE-PROs?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/suspension_n1_applications.asp
http://www.apexi-usa.com/suspension_wsdamper_applications.asp

LsVtecStolen
01-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Are those black Rota Circuit 8's? 16's?

Suspension looks awsome! I'm jealous of your whole set-up..:p

eurosteez
01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
damn lucky dude:banana:

millh0use14
02-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by speedology
i'll let the pictures do all the talking... you won't believe how much i got these bad boys for

hahah wsup.....bragging about your suspension ehh ken...lol its will theg uyf rom cerritos that chills with alain lol...if you selling yoru wheels give me a call....ask alain for my number...

tony speed
02-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by blackdc5
hey tony speed,

do yo know anything about Buddy Club suspension? I have JICs right now but I know someone who has the BCs on, and he is willing to trade for my JICs. My only concern is the spring perches are kind of messed up on his BCs. The spanner wrenches (is that what youc all it?) that is used to adjust the spring perches happen to cause the threads on the perches to chip. When one end is grabbing the thread, the other end barely rests on another thread and so it strips the perch a little. There's nothing you can do about it. Maybe I can try the JIC wrenches or something.

But anyway, as far as I know, Buddy Club does not have stateside service. Do you think it's worth the extra stiffness (I don't mind it that much) if it's difficult, or maybe impossible, to replace parts? I.E. if I stripped the perches on the JICs, I can probably get some more from JIC USA.

I'd say go with someone else or wait for buddy club to go state-side. You can get extra stiffness by changing your spring rate to the spring rate of the buddy clubs and upping the dampening on another set of coilovers. Tein will let you do this for about $150 per flex damper. You might want to check with tanabe to see if they fix/ change dampening as well. When your stuff breaks, you'll be pissed off if you have JDM exclusive stuff. Mine did and tein in cali fixed me up in less than 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I could have gone to a good performance shop to do this but no one is better than the manufacturer i guess.