PDA

View Full Version : Eibach SportLine's and Camber...

esmith13
09-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Ok, I know it's probably been said before, but I'm asking to be sure since I'm about to throw down the money for these springs....

Do you need a camber kit with these springs to prevent excessive tire wear and handling problems??

If not necessary, is it still recommended at all for a 1.4"/1.5" drop on our cars??

Do you need an alignment or anything else done after, before or during the install of these springs???

How well will stock shocks hold up?? Do I need to get better ones or do I expect to just weare these out faster???

If I DO get new shocks -- and I'm on a budget -- which ones should I get to prevent fast wear due to the springs (if applicable)??

Sorry for all the questions, but this car is my baby and I want to treat her right...

Thanks in advance...

i-WERKS
09-24-2002, 08:21 AM
Anyone have an answer to this? I've just installed Skunk2 coilovers and I have the same questions as esmith13

silver ep
09-24-2002, 08:38 AM
Ill try and answer this based on whats been said before:

You definately need an alignment after the install of these springs (sportlines)

I think in order to save on tire wear you would be well adviced to get a camber kit

Depending on how you drive your stock shock could last 2 weeks or 2 years... the best advice I can give you is get aftermarket shocks like KYB, Tockico, or Konis

I have found that you cant go cheap when it comes to upgrading you suspension. Im planning to go with sportlines, kybs/konis and possibly a camber kit

Hope this helps!

silver ep
09-24-2002, 08:45 AM
I forgot I learned a ton of info off of superhonda on the subject of susension, go check out their suspension forum :D