PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On RevHard Ep3 Kit?

anna n her ep3
01-12-2004, 02:44 AM
I'm trying to get peoples thoughts on the rev-hard turbo kit for the ep3?, (1)personally what you think about it, (2)experiencely, (3)and what you hear about problems with it...
(1)I think it was worth the price
(2)I loved it, it was fun
(3)I had no problems with it untill i blew my eng(my fault)
picture of the rod that flew out my block and hit my oil pan..

TheMutt
01-12-2004, 09:55 AM
How the hell did you manage to do that?

EMI
01-12-2004, 10:18 AM
werd how did you do that!

ep_nezay
01-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Oh man, that sucks, how was it your fault?
Overboost?

siturbo
01-13-2004, 07:17 PM
how did that happen?

TheMutt
01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Seriously this pic scares me. What happened. Dont leave us hangin :'(

vtecnrg
01-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Dude that sucks. How many miles on the engine. How many miles with the turbo?

1 fstr si
01-19-2004, 08:26 PM
yea, seriously, what the heck happened.

RockEP_SS**
01-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Yo! What happened (for the eighth time:p ):( ???

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

anna n her ep3
01-21-2004, 05:15 PM
sorry i havent been on this site in a min.. i blew mi rod from boost creep and low oil i guess??? i didnt have a boost controller and mi gauge was in bars.. my fault i guess.. rod flew threw the block and hit oil pan.. had 41k on engine i would say only 10-12k with turbo most for the trips to so cali..

anna n her ep3
01-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**
Yo! What happened (for the eighth time:p ):( ???

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

haven you had any problems? nice article also.

dw735
01-24-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by anna n her ep3
sorry i havent been on this site in a min.. i blew mi rod from boost creep and low oil i guess??? i didnt have a boost controller and mi gauge was in bars.. my fault i guess.. rod flew threw the block and hit oil pan.. had 41k on engine i would say only 10-12k with turbo most for the trips to so cali..

what kit were yuou running?

fsugatorbait
01-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by dw735
what kit were yuou running?

Title of the thread is thoughts on revhard ep kit, so im gonna go out on a limb and say its the revhard kit. :p

87gn
01-25-2004, 12:58 AM
and mi gauge was in bars

LMFAO im sorry but thats just the funnyest thing that ive ever read. no offence but supriseingly this aint the first time that ive herd that excuse, it just brings up old memorys hehehe,

in my past experiances i met a guy at a cruse night, his "race" motor was trashed because he baught a boost gauge that was in bars to be in his words "JDM pimp" he told me that when he had the gague installed that he could not get his "psi" back up near where it used to be so he kept turning up his boost until he herd somethen snap on a WOT run. i thaught that i was going to piss my self, i had to bite my toungue so i dint fall down laughing at his feet right there.

trk
01-25-2004, 08:30 AM
and this is why I am going super charger...

:angel:

fsugatorbait
01-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by 87gn
in my past experiances i met a guy at a cruse night, his "race" motor was trashed because he baught a boost gauge that was in bars to be in his words "JDM pimp" he told me that when he had the gague installed that he could not get his "psi" back up near where it used to be so he kept turning up his boost until he herd somethen snap on a WOT run. i thaught that i was going to piss my self, i had to bite my toungue so i dint fall down laughing at his feet right there.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D

STP03BlueSI
01-26-2004, 12:37 PM
OUCH!:confused:

xlr8
01-26-2004, 06:51 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=21601&highlight=turbo my thoughts were summed up in this old thread.

chet
01-26-2004, 07:04 PM
I've had my RHard kit for just over a couple months now. I haven't had any serious problems. . .I haven't really boosted up to the max 7psi that the kit is supposed to push. RHard did not include the intake pipe, so I'm waiting for that to happen. I would like to see Hondata come up w/the programmable ECU for the RHard owners that way I can have some control over fuel mapping. I get a heavy fuel smell from time to time, seems to be eminating right from the manifold, but not sure. The car will sometimes drop too low in rpm's during idle (after the car is warm) and just die. Happened about 3 times. So, when the weather's better and I can actually get back to the shop that did the install. . .we'll see. For me, the worst part of having the RevHard kit, is trying to get ahold of RevHard. No serious problems yet.

87gn
01-26-2004, 10:04 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showth...highlight=turbo my thoughts were summed up in this old thread.

remember what happined with this car and the scandal over the 12 kits that they did a fake recall on and took off with the customers kits and cash.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95891

ShowstoppersUSA
02-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by anna n her ep3
haven you had any problems? nice article also.

Negative on the problems,

I had boost creep once but my boost controller makes a lot of warning noises... I hit 11 pounds of boost! But then I just watch the boost controller and if ever the warning light goes on we just let go of the gas... Sorry to hear about the creep on yours... Get a boost controller! It's a handy gadget to control the boost and to really warn you if anything goes wrong...

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

PS Hey Anna how would you compare the supercharger to the Rev Hard?

anna n her ep3
02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
Negative on the problems,

I had boost creep once but my boost controller makes a lot of warning noises... I hit 11 pounds of boost! But then I just watch the boost controller and if ever the warning light goes on we just let go of the gas... Sorry to hear about the creep on yours... Get a boost controller! It's a handy gadget to control the boost and to really warn you if anything goes wrong...

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

PS Hey Anna how would you compare the supercharger to the Rev Hard?

boost controller.. every one said i should of gotten one but i thought if it was locked on the wastegate that it couldnt creep..... the supercharger was a lot smoother, i liked the turbo cause of how it got up but the sc gas milage was better eh.. dono if i should go turbo again or just drop the stock k20a in, every thing is up in the air.