PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S rear sway, squeaking

02siSNJ
01-12-2004, 08:18 AM
I installed a RSX-S 19mm rear sway bar on my EP3 yesterday. I used the 19mm stock bushings for the bar, all bought used. Now on right turns, and if i push hard on the top of the rear drivers side wheel is seems to squeak or rub. Anyone else ever had this problem? BTW this is with a stock supension. One more question, how much ruffer should the ride be?

kenis138
01-12-2004, 10:32 AM
yer sure its not on upside down, right?

31102si
01-12-2004, 10:49 AM
try spraying some white lithum grease on the bushings. you can buy it in a spray can at any auto parts store.

02siSNJ
01-12-2004, 11:32 AM
ok ok if it fits and its not hitting anything how the hell could it be upside down. I really hope this isnt it.

02siSNJ
01-12-2004, 11:58 AM
It's upside down, thanks kenis138. Damn this sucks.

raiyo
01-12-2004, 03:52 PM
you forgot to stay the ride was very bouncy, hehehe.

Peking
01-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 02siSNJ
It's upside down, thanks kenis138. Damn this sucks.

If it was upside down the endlinks wouldn't link up at all. I posted before (gone now). Did you greese in the bushing where the bar slides in? On the clubrsx.com directions, to cure the sound, greesing is key.

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Peking
If it was upside down the endlinks wouldn't link up at all. I posted before (gone now). Did you greese in the bushing where the bar slides in? On the clubrsx.com directions, to cure the sound, greesing is key.

Actually if it was upside down the enlinks would hook up perfect. Heheh...believe me, I would know :D . I put mine on upside down and it looked right at the time, as soon as I hit the road I knew something was up, the ride was terribly bouncy, this was because the control arms were basically riding on the sway bar :confused: :angel: .

02siSNJ
01-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Yea I greased the bushings, but even with it upside down the endlinks bolt right up, and while the car is in the air, everything looks good. But I got it turned around and everything is perfect now. Damn its a lot easier coming off the second time.

kenis138
01-13-2004, 06:47 AM
MUCH easier the second time;) :D

glad you got it fixed man.

Zero Three Si
01-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Peking

I gotta correct you here buddy. Remember the guy who installed his sway bar upside down and it kept "THUMPING" against his exhaust.

Peking
01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I gotta correct you here buddy. Remember the guy who installed his sway bar upside down and it kept "THUMPING" against his exhaust.

Yeah didn't I take part in that thread?

I think I was the first one to say that the bar could be upside down, then the second time I looked under my car. It doesn't seem that the endlinks would link up with the bar.

Then again I retract my first statement, like I thought before (and as many as you know). The bar can be installed upside down.

Found Eric's old ass thread :D

Then there are these...
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24263

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23851

In that thread I said that it might be facing the wrong way. I guess making sure that it doesn't hit the control arm and muffler means it is on the right way.

Peking
01-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Also found this

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26863

There were alot of threads kinda covering the same topic. Not all of them covering this exact topic. Good info and pics though. Proud to say I was involved with like 80% of um :D

chunky
01-14-2004, 06:15 AM
it's easy to put the bar in upside down if you don't install the bar with the suspension loaded.

Peking
01-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by chunky
it's easy to put the bar in upside down if you don't install the bar with the suspension loaded.

That makes perfect sense. When there is no load the control arms will hang low, allowing the endlinks to be farther down.

SilverEpInDc
01-14-2004, 10:23 AM
How easy is this install cause im bout to do it and how kuch did some of u pay for the sway bar

02siSNJ
01-14-2004, 10:26 AM
It was easy the first time even easier the second. The hardest part is getting the endlink bolts off for the first time. Make sure you use a 5mm allen wrench. I dont know how people were holding that with pliers. I paid $40 for mine.