PDA

View Full Version : J's torque damper install????

civicracer1128
01-12-2004, 10:17 AM
well i hear its easy but i think you have to drill 2 holes...anybody do the install already???????? it looks like the 2 bolts have to go in between the 2 bolts on the strut tower...do i have to remove any part of the suspension to do this correctly???? and if your thinking i didnt read the directions, i dont have the damper yet. im still deciding between this and the engine mounts. install impacts the decision somewhwat but i suspect jdm will decided it in the end;) any help??????????

SiRman
01-12-2004, 12:40 PM
If you get the DC5 torque dampder, you have to drill two holes in the right upper strut tower, on the little bump/ridge( go look and you'll see it) This requires removing the front right strut, so you can drill the two holes and fasten the nuts underneath.
There is a EP specific kit I have seen that avoids drilling and uses a mounting braket that just bolts beneath the strut tower nuts.

chet
01-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah, no drilling needed if you get the one for the EP. You can check my mem-rides thread for a pic or two. Its a good buy, one of my favorite mods.

civicracer1128
01-12-2004, 11:59 PM
thanks guys. i was looking at the design and thinking....damn....strut bolts right there....why drill holes:)

SiRman
01-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah I have the DC5 one, same mounting as in the picture.

http://www.aj-racing.com/images/Project/AJREP3/DSCN4075.jpg

I have the stock struts so slightly smaller bolts had to be used. there is not much room under there.

civicracer1128
01-14-2004, 09:04 AM
just checked the members rides pics. that makes alot more sense to me now. also answers my question about the difference in color of the damper. as soon as i have cash im getting one. thanks for the info guys.

how much do they go for from pole position??????????? i checked jdmhondaparts and its 190.

chet
01-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
just checked the members rides pics. that makes alot more sense to me now. also answers my question about the difference in color of the damper. as soon as i have cash im getting one. thanks for the info guys.

how much do they go for from pole position??????????? i checked jdmhondaparts and its 190.

Should be about that, I think the g-buy price Howard threw us was $180??

DarkHatch
01-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Does anyone by any chance have the e/s motormount bushings and the engine damper? Just curious to see if you already have the bushings does the damper make much difference. Thanx

danoonez
01-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DarkHatch
Does anyone by any chance have the e/s motormount bushings and the engine damper? Just curious to see if you already have the bushings does the damper make much difference. Thanx

beansbear
01-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Dampener makes a big difference. I like it since I can dial in how much "vibration" I get as compared to the engine mounts. Unless I go track, the car is vibe free.