PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Quick!!

IIx 03 EP xII
01-12-2004, 03:37 PM
im installing my AEM V2... and it says to remove all these different hoses! but the hoses seem like they are super glued onto the stock intake pieces. ive tugged and pulled... and i cant get them off... what is the easiest way to get these things off? please help me, ive been at it for about an hour and my back is starting to hurt... maybe im just too much a noob to do it myself. HELP!

raiyo
01-12-2004, 03:44 PM
I believe there is only two hoses to remove from the stock intake. One from the valve cover and the other going to the intake manifold area. For the manifold area tube/hose, it comes off pretty easy if you clamp on the metal thingy that holds it in place. As for the valve cover one, just PULL, and it'll come off. You won't hurt it, don't worry. HTH

EDIT: I forgot, and for the sensor, u just gotta work it out. It'll come out, just work it, hehe. Gentle though.

mhx
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
pull/turn pull/turn they come off..
bitch'n and yelling helps to..
or you could take the easy way and wd-40 them if you have any..

gl

-ryan

Btrthnezr3
01-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by mhx
pull/turn pull/turn they come off..
bitch'n and yelling helps to..
or you could take the easy way and wd-40 them if you have any..

gl

-ryan

Too bad ryan doesn't know anything! Hehe...just pickin...
Yeah, what they said just keep at it...wiggling back and forth while pulling might help too. Plyers maybe?

IIx 03 EP xII
01-12-2004, 05:06 PM
well thanks for the quick information... i finally got it installed... haha... this is probably a record for longest install time. but for some reason... nothing came out as easy as i thought. the HUGE stock intake box was a pain in the rear end trying to take out. and then the V2 filter ALMOST hits this huge piece of metal that the stock intake box was bolted into?! i hope i did this right. i dont know how to tell if i didnt or not... ill probably have to take it to my pal to check on it. at least i didnt pay an arm and a leg to have the local place install it. and its fun to take your car apart and see what its like on the inside (even though this is minor).

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Whats more, even before you make any more modifications...Dyno!
We are all wondering what the dyno says? Don't know what mods you have now but a dyno of the V2 will be helpful. Thanks.

02SilverSiHB
01-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Whats more, even before you make any more modifications...Dyno!
We are all wondering what the dyno says? Don't know what mods you have now but a dyno of the V2 will be helpful. Thanks.
yeah, no kidding, check out aempower.com they say a 17whp gain!

IIx 03 EP xII
01-12-2004, 06:32 PM
id love to be able to dyno my car... cuz im just as curious as yall are... but i live in panama city beach, and there isnt even a drag strip around here... lets alone a dyno. the only mods i have... so far... are magnaflow catback and now the V2. i havent driven it yet though... cant wait til tomorrow morning.

bgsteve523
01-12-2004, 07:01 PM
let us know how you like it mine should be here in like a week or so

IIx 03 EP xII
01-13-2004, 08:23 AM
i LOVE the AEM V2... it is so deep and my car definitely doesnt sound like its about to explode... it sounds like a monster. maybe its just me... but my exhaust sounds a little bit smoother and deeper too. i dont feel too much of a difference... but i think i feel a little difference down low... but that is just from the butt dyno. i wish i could dyno it, but there arent any local dynos, so id have to drive hours to even dyno it.