PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a TypeOne Racing b-pipe

Low Rider
01-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi guys, I am new to this site. I just ordered a TypeOne Racing mid pipe and was wondering if any of you guys have one. I am hoping to get a little more power out of my machine. I have a Spoon axel back N1 muffler but Spoon doesn't make a b-pipe for the North American EP.

SiRman
01-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Mine will be installed on Sat. hopefully:)

icegrill
01-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm really interested in this please post impressions when you get it installed. Thanks

civicracer1128
01-14-2004, 11:56 PM
please do. i have a spoon axleback on order that should be here around this weekend sometime. id love to see what the type one pipe can do.

KeNnYtAkEr
01-15-2004, 08:34 AM
how mcuh did u pay for ur T1R mid pipe?

K20A3Si
01-15-2004, 05:11 PM
i am intetested in getting the type-1 midpipe...where can i get one?

SiRman
01-15-2004, 06:50 PM
i am intetested in getting the type-1 midpipe...where can i get one?

A&J Racing (http://www.aj-racing.com)
See
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27759

and here:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26682

Dunrick
01-15-2004, 08:26 PM
how much? Spending a lot on exhaust for the a3 is worthless.

SiRman
01-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Spending a lot on exhaust for the a3 is worthless
There may not always be a A3 bolted to this exhaust.

Well there will be for a while, but if I have my way, there will be a complete motor swap in the distant future, or a head swap in the not quite so distant future.

Most stuff you bolt on to the A3 the gains are just amplified when you apply the same bolt ons to the A2. Just look at the intake gains type S guys get as a example.

LordKoo
01-16-2004, 09:33 PM
I agree on SiRman. A bigger exhaust midpipe especially on the EP3 now will do the car justice. The stock is too punny for 2.0 litre.
Even when you put an A2, you will need a bigger exhuast anyway...

Dunrick
01-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
There may not always be a A3 bolted to this exhaust.

Well there will be for a while, but if I have my way, there will be a complete motor swap in the distant future, or a head swap in the not quite so distant future.

Most stuff you bolt on to the A3 the gains are just amplified when you apply the same bolt ons to the A2. Just look at the intake gains type S guys get as a example.

I can see if your going to swap for sure....that makes sense

ConeCrazy02
01-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Those jdm stuff cost a lot; happy spending:) .

icegrill
01-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02
Those jdm stuff cost a lot; happy spending:) .

Thanks for your awesome contribution:rolleyes:

ConeCrazy02
01-17-2004, 06:41 PM
I am guilty of spending, and spending a lot. As long as your happy with what you're doing with your money, more power to you.

Lynx
01-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Just wondering if you got your mid pipe yet. Curious about how load it might be, specially interior noise.

SiRman
01-20-2004, 10:12 AM
No midpipe yet:(
There was a scheduling misunderstanding between myself and A&J, the day they wanted to do the install/dyno test I can't make it. I have to work that weekend (Bike Show!), the worst weekend of the year for asking off. Won't be installed until Feb. now.

Low Rider
01-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Just received my T1R mid-pipe from Greyhound Express. I haven't had the chance to install it yet but will do soon... Can't wait!!! We have a lot of snow and ice around here right now. Do you guys think I should wait until spring to install this stuff???

EricP3
01-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
Just received my T1R mid-pipe from Greyhound Express. I haven't had the chance to install it yet but will do soon... Can't wait!!! We have a lot of snow and ice around here right now. Do you guys think I should wait until spring to install this stuff???
I think you should tell us how much it cost you. i herd they were like $250!!!

SiRman
01-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Regular price is $420 CAN dollars.

Low Rider
01-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Yes... I paid $420CDN for it!!!

SiRman
01-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Man I can't wait to get mine done.

frankdogg
01-22-2004, 05:23 PM
where did you buy it from? and how long did you have to wait?

SiRman
01-22-2004, 05:37 PM
I am getting mine from A&J Racing (http://www.aj-racing.com), since they are local. I am waiting because of scheduling dyno time, A&J wants to test it.

Here is a link to the groupbuy going on:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28421 :smilem:

SiRman
01-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Just noticed where you are frankdogg, just drive up to A&J and get it done. No shipping.:cool:

speedking604
01-23-2004, 12:13 AM
what size of mid pipe??? how much hp and how much tq you'll get. i heard some people lossing tq beacause of mid pipe.

SiRman
01-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm gonna let you off the hook cause your local(almost) speedking. You gotta search/read around man. There is prob. 10 posts on here now about the T1R midpipe.:banana:

If you had read the posts you would no that I will be dyno testing it soon, will have numbers then.
Click link for more info:
http://www.k-series.com/news_details.php?news_id=41

You gotta drive down from whistler next time we have a meet.:smilem:

speedking604
01-23-2004, 12:41 AM
i'm always in vancouver wensday and thursday. i wanna meet you if you have time. when do we have meet ??? i'm just new on moding car. i wanna buy something for my car like the mid pipe but i still dont know where to get one. i want something that will gain me hp and iwanna know what will do exactly. what is going to change if i installed them to my car. i know mid pipe makes your car louder which i like it as long as it's not illegal. but what else will give you beside the louder exhaust??? what is the good thing and the bad thing about having midpipe??????by the way,,, i have 5 zigen muffler already. i just need the mid pipe. can you help me with this.

by the way heres my car
http://www.geocities.com/speedking604

is nice to know you man......hope we meet sometimes and maybe you can help me on modding my car.

SiRman
01-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Sent you pm speedking.

Just checked your ride, looks like your doing fine modding your car.
That body kit is not my style, but it actually looks pretty good on your ride man.
Your car def. looks a lot more modded then mine. :shadesm:
My car is like a sleeper that doesn't wake up.:banana:

speedking604
01-23-2004, 01:32 AM
i'm done modding with the outside. i'm on engine now. like i said i want mid pipe for my car. i wanna know which one to get. i know mid pipe will give you loud noise which i like it as long as not illegal. but ... beside the loud noise....what else will give you???i'm new of modding car so it will help me if you can explain me more about mid pipe. i want the good thing and the bad thing about it. is there anyway you can hook me up to someone who knew of modding car. a place to buy and a place who can install.

speedking604
01-23-2004, 01:39 AM
thanks........anyway, what is top end and low end anyway.?? loss tq??is that really bad?? what about the hp gain??

KeNnYtAkEr
01-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Hey Low Rider which shop did you get it from? $420 shipped to your door? thats a great deal man. ;) Let me know thx

SiRman
01-23-2004, 10:14 AM
i'm done modding with the outside. i'm on engine now. like i said i want mid pipe for my car. i wanna know which one to get. i know mid pipe will give you loud noise which i like it as long as not illegal. but ... beside the loud noise....what else will give you???i'm new of modding car so it will help me if you can explain me more about mid pipe. i want the good thing and the bad thing about it. is there anyway you can hook me up to someone who knew of modding car. a place to buy and a place who can install.

Well it depends on the midpipe, if you get one with a resonator(thing that looks like another mufller behind your muffler), it will be a bit quieter/ less raspy then one with no resonator. The engine makes a certain amount of torque, it relies partially on the backpressure of the exhaust to do this. The stock midpipe resonator goes down to like 1and3/8" or something(very small). By putting a bigger midpipe, you are creating more airflow which aids a bit in topend hp, the compromise is more air=more noise and a small loss of torque.

Lynx
01-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Well the torque thing is sorta of true. You actually gain more torque when putting on a different exhuast. It just raises the the rpm of where the peak torque is at so you will lose a little lower rpm torque. But overall torque will be higher than stock.

speedking604
01-23-2004, 06:47 PM
so which one do you reccomend??? with resonator or without the resonator??? theres something that it's illegal if you take out this piece. i think just after the header. i forgot what it called but they said if you un install this thing it's illegal. is that true???

oldschoolimport
01-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by speedking604
theres something that it's illegal if you take out this piece. i think just after the header. i forgot what it called but they said if you un install this thing it's illegal. is that true??? yes, that is the catalytic converter. is is an emissions control device. it is illegal, but if your area does not have smog checks or annual visual inspections, you can remove it with out legal hassles. you will get a check engine light though.

speedking604
01-24-2004, 06:12 PM
ic. thanks, anyway, i'm planning on buying a mid pipe 2.25" size and i was woundering if its better the one without resonator or with resonator??? whats the difference? i know it's louder without resonator but as long as not illegal then it's ok for me not to have the resonator. which one do you guys reccomend??????please help.