PDA

View Full Version : Programmable ECU.

myeverlovinsir
01-12-2004, 06:20 PM
This item is not far off, just wonder how many of our fellow engine enthusiasts will be opting for it when it's available?

Hondata programmable ECU (http://www.hondata.com/kprorelease.html)

Tenacious G
01-12-2004, 06:41 PM
with your setup, you'd probably benefit more than a stock A3 would.

bioevolve
01-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Definitely will be getting one soon, my setup needs it bad. Guys at cybernation said after dyno runs, that I need tunning done. could extract another 10-15hp. Great for turbo'in also, which I will do this year.

anjapower
01-12-2004, 06:56 PM
dunno why post got deleted, this is what I'd posted:

I don't think any of the choices above apply to me because I only have an A3 with intake, comptech race header, exhaust, hondata flash, gasket. I doubt tuning will get much out of this setup. Now when I get an A/A2 swap, the programmable ecu might help.

D16Y8_Turbo
01-13-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm going to get it when it comes out in Feb. Perfect for me and 10 lbs of boost.

andy
01-13-2004, 09:57 AM
The other advantage this will allow (beyond turbo/A2 owners/users)
is the ability to use several different maps.

Even if you just have an A3, you could do a map for nitrous, a map
for street, a map for 1/4mile, etc. i.e. fairly stock on the street,
reduced timing/high revs for n20 and current hondata flash for 1/4
(or street).

plus, i've got to imagine that someone will find some tweaks in
this for the a3 motor. who knows.

myeverlovinsir
01-13-2004, 02:41 PM
This will also turn the playing field into a make shift swap meet! Individuals who have done extensive testing, found gains or tweaks that others would benifit from could simply provide program files over the internet and/or keep a database of various maps. Easy exhangability in the click of an e-mail. Newer Hondata releases/upgrades/tunes will likely filter out this way for those who have this setup. :D

siver-SI
01-13-2004, 07:44 PM
I am so happy I got a laptop. Just wondering if I get this do I get to keep my stock ECU so if I have to get work done to my car I can put in the stock ECU back in.

BlasTech
01-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Though I love the idea, programmable is way over my head.

I only really need the redline bump. ;)

SiR_d1
01-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Though I love the idea, programmable is way over my head.

I only really need the redline bump. ;)

same goes for me;)

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-14-2004, 05:35 AM
I've been seriously considering Hondata's standard tune for the past few months, and now I really want this programable one. Right now I just have a A3 with basic bolt-ons, but in the future I plan on going with a k20a2 or k20a. If I get this programable ECU now, will I be able to use it to run the new engine?

D16Y8_Turbo
01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
I've been seriously considering Hondata's standard tune for the past few months, and now I really want this programable one. Right now I just have a A3 with basic bolt-ons, but in the future I plan on going with a k20a2 or k20a. If I get this programable ECU now, will I be able to use it to run the new engine?

From my understanding yes. The software will come with base maps for you to choose from including base A2 and A3 maps.

SiRman
01-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Not in the budget right now.
If the price of the non adjust. flash came down with the release of the tunable one. I might consider the non-tunable. If the non-tunable stayed the same price I would be more inclined to save up for the tunable.
With the price of it right now I can't even afford whats available.
Unless I can find someone selling a flashed ECU for sale privately for a good price.:winkm: :banana:

Vertigo
01-15-2004, 03:38 AM
I have been considering this for some time now. The price is steep, but the options are endless. The thought of being able to adjust it myself is a little scary. The thought of messing something up and blowing up the engine is in the back of my mind. Of course in the near future i plan on going with the bottle. So a good nitrous map will be benificial. Also the option to change it if and when i go FI.

dofu
02-10-2004, 05:32 PM
i dont see a point in any ecu upgrade costin over $50 until i get turbo or swap w/ new internals

trk
02-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Im going to buy this and try to custom tune a JRSC install, thereby skipping the jackson racing ecu controller... I really dont want to splice my ecu wires, ever.

myeverlovinsir
02-10-2004, 06:25 PM
There is alot to be gained by having control over tuning and your specific setup. You are no longer governed by the std. hondata tune nor are you limited by mods that would not have the proper tuning.;)

siver-SI
02-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
There is alot to be gained by having control over tuning and your specific setup. You are no longer governed by the std. hondata tune nor are you limited by mods that would not have the proper tuning.;)

Plus you have a good use for your laptop. :)

I just do not want to cut my wires too though.

myeverlovinsir
02-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Definite benifit is no wire cutting. Release date is next week, any takers? Who has preordered this item with Hondata? Stuff is starting to come together really nicely here.:D

trk
02-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Definite benifit is no wire cutting. Release date is next week, any takers? Who has preordered this item with Hondata? Stuff is starting to come together really nicely here.:D

Nope. Unfortunately only the RSXS one is coming out next week. The ep3 one is coming out in April. Doug posted in another thread. Sucks.

Im curious if the Guardian EI is gonna come out first...

ep3k20a03
02-27-2004, 06:43 PM
damn...i want the Hondata ECU sooo bad....!!!! :D :D

Vertigo
02-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Sence i blew all of my tax return on other stuff, i'll gladly wait another month. I don't want the one for the RSX. I want the EP one.

myeverlovinsir- I guess you can buy the RSX one because you have done the head swap.

myeverlovinsir
02-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by trk
Nope. Unfortunately only the RSXS one is coming out next week. The ep3 one is coming out in April. Doug posted in another thread. Sucks.

Im curious if the Guardian EI is gonna come out first...

Nope to you, I have the A2 head and will be getting this item. Hello! ;)

trk
02-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Nope to you, I have the A2 head and will be getting this item. Hello! ;)

You have an a2, thats an rsxs for all intensive purposes, Im referring to the a3 Hondata Programmable Unit.

from this thread ... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30836&highlight=april

Originally posted by Hondata
We will have a programmable ECU for the EP3 K20A3 available around late April. You'd be best to wait until then.

and from my email from him ...

>>So the ep3 specific programmable is NOT due out in March ?

No. RSX-S first.

>>Ill take the rsx flash, thats fine... I can then apply the base a2 map to it right? are the maps for the a2 included?

Maps for the A2 are not included, as we have not tuned an ep3 with the
programmable RSX-S ECU

If you purchased the programmable, you would :

Reduce the injector size from 310 to 270.

Lower the VTEC point

Tune the air fuel ratios on the street or dyno.

Doug

?

myeverlovinsir
02-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Well aware, good luck in April trk.

trk
02-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Well aware, good luck in April trk.

I just dont want people reading this to think our programmable is out in a week. Thats all. Avoiding the inevitable let down when they call a hondata dealer.

Silverstreak
02-29-2004, 02:48 PM
I am getting this mod as soon as it comes out. I am going to take the Si to the dealer to get a quick onceover before I send the ecu out. I want the car to be in perfect condition before I void my warranty. This mod is a great addition to my setup. I will have endless possibilities of where I will go from here. Hell, I might even hit up a little N2O. I just can't wait.

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Silverstreak, you make a good point. For those fellows that are stock and wonder about using shots over 75, this mod will definitely help. Remember the A3 Kpro will not be out till next month.;)

Silverstreak
02-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Good that will give me a little time to take the car in and get it checked out. I need a little time because I am in the middle of renovating the new (to me)house I just bought. Oh yeah and I have a pregnant wife that is due the beginging of April. So I am very short on time. Does anyone think that a 100 shot will be safe with the proper tunning?:D

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Bioevolve bent some valves on a 100 shot a long time ago, and eventually migrated to the A2. Tuning will help for sure.;)

Silverstreak
02-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Was it the shot or just driving error that caused the bent valves? Because if the head can't take it, I don't want to go there.

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 03:36 PM
The shot, PM bioevolve. There is a thread on it if you search.

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 04:57 PM
My ECU goes out tomorrow. Doug only has 40 of them available for the A2 this week.:D

Silverstreak
02-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Quit bragging.:( I will have mine soon enough.;) How is the head swap working out for you? Is the real vtec a big change? Just wondering incase I want to take that route.

myeverlovinsir
02-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Bragging, hardly. We have waited long enough!

Silverstreak
02-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Where are you from? I would like to see and feel what its like to have a head swap.

myeverlovinsir
03-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Have had it for 3 weeks now and loving every minute of it.:D