PDA

View Full Version : New Hondata Reflash

02HatchSI
01-12-2004, 09:18 PM
I am talking about the one with the maps u can create... The question is i wanna go with cam's (when they come out), nitrous, pulleys, yada yada and i wanna have the same effect in rev's as the base flash chip... I know with the original flash u can't use nitrous... Has anybody tried it anyway??? What about the idea of having the original flash and putting cam's, pulleys, etc. on there... would it work??? and would there be gains or fuck-ups??? sorry for the blatent questions i am saying but answers would be recommended :)

thanks,

jon

ep_nezay
01-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I think you are reffering to the new reprogrammable k-series ecu.
As you know, the ecu allows you to;

1)Re-calibrate for larger injectors, thats good for turbo/SC or nitrous.
2)3 dimensional tables for full i-VTEC mapping.
3)Compatible with OBDII diagnostic tools & smog station scan tools.
4)Datalogging of 40 major sensors.
5)User programmable fuel, ignition, cam angle & knock retard tables.
6)Multiple fuel & ignition tables for different intake cam angles.
7)Expanded tables for up to 10 lbs boost.
8)Nitrous control with activation window control, solenoid output control and fuel/ignition parameters.

About your question on the regular flash, I wouldnt recommend it since you want nitrous. You would want to get full potential of your car by getting it tuned. Having the option of multiple fuel & ignition tables for different intake cam angles and re-calibrate for larger injectors would help. Also, about the revs, it still stands like the old one.

02HatchSI
01-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
I think you are reffering to the new reprogrammable k-series ecu.
As you know, the ecu allows you to;

1)Re-calibrate for larger injectors, thats good for turbo/SC or nitrous.
2)3 dimensional tables for full i-VTEC mapping.
3)Compatible with OBDII diagnostic tools & smog station scan tools.
4)Datalogging of 40 major sensors.
5)User programmable fuel, ignition, cam angle & knock retard tables.
6)Multiple fuel & ignition tables for different intake cam angles.
7)Expanded tables for up to 10 lbs boost.
8)Nitrous control with activation window control, solenoid output control and fuel/ignition parameters.

About your question on the regular flash, I wouldnt recommend it since you want nitrous. You would want to get full potential of your car by getting it tuned. Having the option of multiple fuel & ignition tables for different intake cam angles and re-calibrate for larger injectors would help. Also, about the revs, it still stands like the old one.

good shit but i live in Bridgeton, MO and there is no hondata place to tune my shit... that means i'd be screwed... in ur opinon would u get nitrous b4 hondata or get hondata first to live out the fun and get the newer series later down teh road and the nitrous?

ep_nezay
01-13-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by 02HatchSI
1)in ur opinon would u get nitrous b4 hondata or get hondata first to live out the fun and 2)get the newer series later down teh road and the nitrous?

1)I wouldnt get nitrous if I didnt have any kind of FM.

2)If your plans are to get nitrous down the road, then save up for hondata and nitrous.

Payntech
01-13-2004, 04:56 PM
You could drive to Michigan... ;)

VBP03
01-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Bridgeton is just south of STL right? If you don't want to drive to Michigan there's a Hondata tuner in Lees Summit, just south of KC, called Forward Thrust Engineering. 816-304-3253 is the PN, the guy's name is Dale I believe.

fsugatorbait
01-14-2004, 04:11 PM
You dont have to live near a Hondata dealer to get the reflash. I shopped around and found the best price I could get the flash for was out of a shop in Texas. I live in CT. All I did was call up the shop, place my order, and then sent my ecu, immobilizer, and key to hondata directly overnight, they got it and flashed it the same day and returned it with overnight shipping. Total down time was 3 days.