PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper and more....

SilverEpInDc
01-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey my rear wiper is ripping of a lil does the honda dealership carry those? anyone know a price or a link where u can get one? AND Peking I know there might have been another thread bout this (HAHA) But my E-brake is pealing a lil the chrome... Is this under warrenty?

02civicSI
01-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by SilverEpInDc
Hey my rear wiper is ripping of a lil does the honda dealership carry those? anyone know a price or a link where u can get one? AND Peking I know there might have been another thread bout this (HAHA) But my E-brake is pealing a lil the chrome... Is this under warrenty?

as far as the rear wiper goes, when i went to my honda dealership they told me it would cost about $25 because they had to order the whole wiper arm. dont know what your honda dealer would quote you at.

for the chrome piece, yes that is under warranty. in fact i just had mine replaced yesterday.

raiyo
01-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Quoted me 11.50 for the rear arm wiper. 25 for all wipers, front and rear arm.

02HatchSI
01-13-2004, 07:23 PM
hmm maybe at work i will ask about that chrome peice on the e-brake as well!!! I gotta order that rear windsheild wiper blade.

-jon-

Mugen Power
01-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda will only sell you the arm AND the wiper insert for the rear. They don't go separately. I guess maybe it's because it costs too much to source such a small insert so they might as well make a little cash by selling the set together? BTW, if I remember correctly, the manual doesn't even show you how to take off the rear insert but only the whole arm but taking off that insert is easy enough.

dchu
01-13-2004, 08:15 PM
You can reuse the front or buy a new insert. You'll just have to trim it down to the rear wiper size. Then swap over the metal supports.

skinsfsu
01-13-2004, 09:42 PM
my dealer replaced mine for free. they also replaced both front all for free since i only had 12k on it. my dealer is so good now i work there. they shouldnt have to replace the whole arm.

LordKoo
01-14-2004, 10:25 PM
It is very true that the rear wiper blade must be replaced with the whole plastic arm. I received a free wiper blades and fluid top up coupon from Honda recently. Waited bloody 2 months, no rear wiper blade part because the whole part has to be special ordered from ENGLAND!

However, after pressing the manager, I got the smallest rubber blade OEM part from the manager and molify it to fit the EP plastic arm. Not difficult at all!