PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Kit Poll

Most-Wanted
01-13-2004, 05:54 PM
What Turbo Kit would you buy Poll?
Hi all,

I dont know if this poll was ever taken, but now that we have some more turbo kit players on the market for the EP3 what turbo kit would you all like to have the most. I know there are many factors like budget, what they come with, warranties provided, claimed HP gains, those gains at the wheels verus at the crank, and importantly what you've heard from owners of the kits.

Make the poll choosing

Greddy
Rev Hard
SFP (South Florida Performance)
Cybernation

TheMutt
01-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I put SFP just because I like the aquamist thingy. Nifty lil gadget to have, but with that said I prolly wont get one. It think it might be just a tad bit out of my price range.

Greddy is nice, but I don't really like their kits for some reason, never did. It's not really even a complete kit, but decent for it's price.

Revhard is a pretty good buy. Maybe not the best, and I don't know much about their customer service (and there's that guy with the pic up right now of something that went horrible wrong but he said it was his fault).

Cybernation is a well put together kit too, about as complete as it comes, a lil expensive but not bad.

danoonez
01-14-2004, 09:01 PM
SFP is most definitely an amazing kit, but I'm steered away from it simply because I can not understand the alcohol injection, and because of that, don't care for it.

Cybernation is also a very nice kit, comes with a lot of neat extras like the A'pexi SAFC.

Rev-Hard...eh...I just don't like it. Since I saw those pictures on clubrsx of the guy that burned his firewall with the RevHard kit (something about the turbo being placed in a bad position by the Rev Hard manifold).

Greddy is a very nice kit. Yes I know it's not a complete kit, but for around $700 more than the kit price, it's complete. Plus I like the fact that there is no tapping into the oil pan. The only thing I dont like about Greddy turbo kits is the internal wastegate, but the way I see it, it's only putting out 7 p.s.i. and that's low enough for an internal wastegate to handle (if it wasn't, than Greddy wouldn't use it) I'd obviously want a larger external wastegate if I decided to up the boost someday, but I dont plan to, so that means it's Greddy for me all the way.

k20hatch
01-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Greddy for me!!

02SilverSiHB
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Greddy for me!!
ditto

danoonez
01-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Greddy for me!!

= danoonez's cliff notes

:D

Vertigo
01-15-2004, 02:52 AM
From all the pics and the research the SFP kit looks to be the top notch kit on the market today. The price is a bit steep and the aquamist is also not a good thing IMO. Running aquamist(alcohol injection) is like putting a turniquet on a wound. It's there to provide a level of safety and cool the cyclinder temps. If the kit was tuned correctly there would be no need for it.

If i was going to go out and buy a kit tommorow it would be the Rev-hard. Eventhough there customer service might suck. They put down decent numbers and come with the Hondata, which is a bonus.

The Greddy kit is also a good buy for the price for the investment. It also has plenty of room for upgrades. The internal wastegate is a bummer along with all of the bugs in the e-manage boxes.

The Cybernation kit is to "custom" for my tastes. Eventhough the first people with turboed EP's were running there kit. I was not all that impressed with the quality of their work.

danoonez
01-15-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
I put SFP just because I like the aquamist thingy.

I still for the life of me cannot seem to understand what the hell the alkey injection is??
I was also wondering if all these turbo kits came with install instructions. I know the Greddy kit does, but I was wondering if Cybernation and SFP also came with instructions, or they just assumed that the installer would know what he was doing.

Vertigo
01-15-2004, 03:23 AM
The aquamist injection is where you place a injector in the intake manifold plenunm. By injecting part alcohol and part water you lower the cyclinder operation temps. Also it is a way to prevent detnation.

Pikachu
01-15-2004, 05:36 AM
all good suggestions but i will still have to go with SFP they put out the most horse power and customer service is awesome. SFP's numbers are great and trust me is the aquamist was a bad thing they wouldnt use it but this is just my opinion

Tnhatch03
01-15-2004, 04:09 PM
ok, i probably should have started a new thread, but im lazy right now...(school work up tha bum). with the cybernation stage 1 kit. what does it not come with that i would have to have. i did a search and found cluth/pp, egt gauge, turbo timer. what else would ppl recommend with this kit? thanks

pimpn24
01-18-2004, 12:03 PM
S F P all the way i have seen ntohing but great numbers and cars come from that place .. also service is awesome unlike some places i have seen that u have to stay on them to dyno / tune / drive / change the oil in ur car sfp is on top of their game cant wait to see a sfp kit on my Si ;-) btw here is a dumb question but would aquamist be able to work om my n/a car and if possilbe would it make a difference

xlr8
01-26-2004, 06:50 PM
i voted for sfp, i like the visible craftsmanship and the numbers sound good. i havent seen alot of people with problems with the cybernation and ive seen their guys on the web helping peolpe and answering questions. havent heard alot about the greddy kit execpt that it doesnt have an intercooler. i would stay away from rev hard from personal experiance. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=21601&highlight=turbo