PDA

View Full Version : Ep Down!!!!!

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 07:08 PM
well guys my worst nightmare has come true...today at 5:33pm me and my EP got into an accident...(not my fault)i was on a 3 lane road and i was in the far right lane and a GIANT suv is in the middle...well upon commmin up to the intersection she decided to turn right but instead of turning at the street this dumb fuckin bitch turns INTO ME!!!! and the speed limit was 40 i was doing 42 and she was going about 55-60 and she FORCED me to turn corner with her...well needless to say my car too ALL the damage and her suv got 0...i called my dad right away and then called the cops...the cops came and they took all the info, and got the story from both of us..and called a tow truck to come get my car...good thing the tow guy and the cop were nice enough to let them drop my EP at my house...while the officer was taking down all the info i stood by my car crying..no joke b/c i loved the shit out of my car..and i took very very good care of her and to see her in so much pain made me break down...glad the officer(she) wasnt a bitch she actually come over and gave me some comfort...i have called both mine and her insurance companies now i must wait on that...but i am getting all my work done at my honda dealer b/c i dont want a cheapo body shop to give me non OEM honda parts..thats my story and im very very very fuckin sad right now...here are some pics:'( :'( :'( :'(

02civicSI
01-13-2004, 07:13 PM
sorry to hear :(

k20hatch
01-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Sorry man!!! :( Wheres the pics? i dunno if i wanna see...

03SiBlack
01-13-2004, 07:16 PM
pics aint working i feel ur pain though

02HatchSI
01-13-2004, 07:17 PM
was the cop hot??? :) j/j... sorry bout ur accident man... I know the feeling when something on ur baby gets fucked with or up for that matter... I hope she gets the best treatment and the quickest recovery!!!! ;)

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 07:24 PM
sorry pics WAY TOO BIG TO POST...so here are a couple of links

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTI5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

sorry they are fuckin huge...im not in the mood to resize

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 02HatchSI
was the cop hot??? :) j/j... sorry bout ur accident man... I know the feeling when something on ur baby gets fucked with or up for that matter... I hope she gets the best treatment and the quickest recovery!!!! ;)

as a matter of fact yes she was

03SiBlack
01-13-2004, 07:30 PM
wow thats a sad sight but it doesnt look that major in repair

Brettnyt
01-13-2004, 07:31 PM
What the shit... Damn dude... that sucks... Looks nasty... Just stay in it mang... Keep your head up...

irrational
01-13-2004, 07:31 PM
damn sorry to hear that man. when i read the story i thought the damage would be worse. looks like you avoided frame damage :)

icegrill
01-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Sorry man, is the damage all to one side? With black you should have a very perfect repair job. If that helps any:(

dj addicted
01-13-2004, 07:37 PM
sorry, to hear that.. just keep in mind.. thats what insurance is for..a car is replaceable... you arent. Its a cheesy line... but its true

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 07:54 PM
thanx for all your comments...yeah i avoided as much damage as possibe...as she forced me to turn with her i didnt counter steer as i knew that would just fuck me up even more...so i turned into the turn and into a gas station where the cops came...and let me tell you the cops were not to happy with her..she was a total dick wad and not ver polite and her mutt lookin daughter was a big mouth bitch...

and a positive note..after getting the car fixed my pops wants me to take it to carmax and see how much i could get for it and if its a good amount bye bye ep and hello??? another ep possibly..? but i will only sell my car if it doesnt feel the same to me after it being repaired..oh and how do i go about getting a FULL JDM CTR kit? would insurance pay for that? how does that work?

DownTheHatch
01-13-2004, 07:58 PM
And I thought my car had some nicks...

Glad you're alright bro.

ep3guy
01-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Glad you're alive. I felt the same way when I totaled my car.

siver-SI
01-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Thought the dammage would have been worse but at least you are Ok man. Well I guess you are not going to go the EP meet at the mall on Saturday now. :(

It looks like it should be a easy fix. Just wondering how is the tire? Just wondering if the strut tower is badly dammaged are not. If that is Ok then I would think you should have a good EP again.

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 08:21 PM
not too sure as to what else is damaged...will found out later at the shop...but any idea how i get a CTR kit? im new at this and hopefully it dont happen again

siver-SI
01-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
not too sure as to what else is damaged...will found out later at the shop...but any idea how i get a CTR kit? im new at this and hopefully it dont happen again

Well I know with some shops you can say I want to get this and they take the money that they get for the OEM parts and they put it towards the new parts and you have to pay any extra that the insurance does not cover. Some places allow this but if the inusrace had controll over the full repair they may not allow it. Before you take in the car ask a few shops around you and ask them if they can do this with your insurace company?

C1V1C
01-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Jigga ! Sorry to hear that man ... I had the same point of contact and my front suspensions were fucked up. I dunno if you have a body shop in mind or not. I took mine to Gold Coast Auto Body on Division St (Division and Halsted). They do Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes. I am satisfied with their work, a bit pricey, but Insurance paid for it. One thing that you need to know, you need to rush them and explain whatever damaged, to be replaced with a new part. Seeing your fender, you might get a new one. I hope your suspension and frame is ok.

here is the contact. GOLD Coast Auto Body (312)787 0333. Sorry I am not promoting, but I had the same experience. I just want to share.

Zero Three Si
01-13-2004, 09:03 PM
I just hope you don't put all these aftermarket parts on and your car ends up like Paxie's.

He got rear ended and the car never drove the same. The car was always pulling to one side of the road. Being that it looks like your wheel well took a good beating, I hope the "drive" of the car gets repaired properly.

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 09:09 PM
well if the car does not performe to my satisfaction after it gets repaired im getting rid of it...and moving on to possibly to another Si (i love this car) or a RSX-S, WRX maybe a STi...or idk what else..and thanx for the contact info on Gold Coast C1V1C

Zero Three Si
01-13-2004, 09:26 PM
well if the car does not performe to my satisfaction after it gets repaired im getting rid of it...and moving on to possibly to another Si (i love this car) or a RSX-S, WRX maybe a STi...or idk what else..and thanx for the contact info on Gold Coast C1V1C

get a different color this time...

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 09:29 PM
no way...all the possible cars i been lookin at are black
"once you black you dont go back"

SiR_d1
01-13-2004, 09:32 PM
SORRY MAN, that really does suck

siver-SI
01-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
here is the contact. GOLD Coast Auto Body (312)787 0333. Sorry I am not promoting, but I had the same experience. I just want to share.

I would have done the same thing if he lived closer buy me. I think I have heard of that place though. If the place is known for the high end imports then you know they are normaly good. I have two places that I deal with one is for repair and the other is for restoration or when I do a body kit. That is because the one body shop owns like 4 shops and I know the owner and he has all the latest equipment but he does not have time to be doing resotorations and that so he sent me to anouther shop and this guy all he does is restorations mostly Royle Royce. This guy has the great paint booths and other equipment that is going to save me around 1-2 hours of labor compared to the other because he is not set up for this as much.

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2004, 10:12 PM
any of you wanna gimme an guess on how much you think itll cost to fix my car? im gonna say 2-3Gs...

pedzola
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
I would guess around $5k.

I recently had an accident and what I guessed would be about 5k of damage ended up being $10,000. OEM Parts & labor aren't cheap.

oldschoolimport
01-13-2004, 11:56 PM
this is why I dont think bitch ass females should not drive SUVs. they get the "big man on campus" syndrome and feel they can bully everyone else on the road. my accross the street neighbor is the same way, she even parks in front of my house to piss me off.:mad:

I will be glad when the SUV trend ends. we will all be much safer! sorry about the car. I've been there myself. :'(

the JigGa mAn
01-14-2004, 01:22 AM
k guys i got a question...i want to get full OEM CTR kit...with this accident that i had...how do i go about getting it through my insurance?? also im guessing that im gonna be needing new front suspension b/c from the looks of it my shit it royaly fucked up, the top of my wheel is pushed in..and i was wondering if insurance would pay for aftermarket suspension like tein or something? and finaly rims...would insurance pay for after market rims?and possibly a mugen CF hood...b/c i know OEM stuff and labor wont be cheap...and after market suspension and rims would save them some money...the only thing that would cost alot would prolly be the CTR kit...im new to this whole get insurance pay for your shit thing...someone please let me know how to go about getting aftermarket things done through my and the other parties insurance...thanx...

priest6479
01-14-2004, 05:27 AM
Sorry bout the accident man, but from the looks of it, Your car will drive again, just needs some TLC and a Socket wrench.

C1V1C
01-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Jigga, If you want CTR ... you probably need to talk it over to your Body Shop and Insurance Claim Office. What you should do is, get a detail written estimate to fix the whole car back to normal. Either you or the body shop can submit this info to the insurance. Then tell your body shop to order you the CTR kit, with that money and you will pay the difference, just in case it's more or less than the OEM.

The first thing is might be running smoothly, because the body shop will run into troubles with the insurance. The alternative is, you bring the written estimate to the claim office, and ask for the money before the deductible, tell them you want to upgrade the bumper or something. But make sure you talk to your body shop to write everything in detail, because if they miss something, you will pay more at the end.

I did this with my "Stolen Head Unit" I asked for money ($1800) and I sonly spent ($1100) to repair it myself, except one annoying dent on the door. It's worth it in my opinion.

Good luck. Btw, you will need to be a Bitch for while with the Insurance company. Money is money, they will try to give you less and you always want more. good luck. If you still need help with the strategy, email me at (312) 404 3036 with your name and number.

the JigGa mAn
01-14-2004, 10:16 AM
too much work...and my body shop is my car dealer..i know that they will be getting OEM parts for me...and my insurance doesnt care about how much it cost b/c they will be getting there money from the other persons insurance...but what your method sounds like it would take time to do and time is something i dont have since she will be going into operation 2day...

on a side note i think my front suspension will have to be replaced b/c when i took the car out of the garage 2day my dad said its royaly fucked up b/c the top of the wheel is pushed in and the bottom is sticking out...well any who i hope that when she gets outta surgery she makes a 110% recovery...and i dont end up selling her

03NighthawkBlac
01-14-2004, 03:47 PM
sorry pics WAY TOO BIG TO POST...so here are a couple of links

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTI5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjQ0OTMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

sorry they are fuckin huge...im not in the mood to resize

Makes me cry:'( , sorry to see a Local EP3 down, now we have 2 around here. Hope things work out soon......

the JigGa mAn
01-14-2004, 05:34 PM
droped off the car to get repaired 2day...and i also hope things work out...if not then the other parties insurance may give me some cash for my pain and suffering and if they do then new car here i come maybe another EP with money for mods:D