PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky Springs

Zero Three Si
01-13-2004, 08:38 PM
I've had my springs on now for over a month. Now that it's really really cold in Chicago and my car is covered in salt, my springs squeek when I turn.

Do I just need a car wash or something? What the heck? Once the car warms up the squeeking goes away. It's only on turns too...

SuperRacerTypeR
01-14-2004, 03:45 AM
:) happens to almost every civic after u drop ur car, the cure is when u change ur spring put a little grease on the top and the bottom of ur springs(front)so the spring and the strut doesn't rub each others when u turn the wheel. or u could try WD40, but hey its works for me....

02SilverSiHB
01-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I've had my springs on now for over a month. Now that it's really really cold in Chicago and my car is covered in salt, my springs squeek when I turn.

Do I just need a car wash or something? What the heck? Once the car warms up the squeeking goes away. It's only on turns too...
might be your dust cover touching the under part of the top of the suspension...and making the squeak sound when you turn the wheel, you have H&R right?

513n179
01-15-2004, 12:14 AM
i'm lucky my springs don't squeek, although i had a dream last night that my car started to make funny noises... :confused:

chubbychu
01-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
might be your dust cover touching the under part of the top of the suspension...and making the squeak sound when you turn the wheel, you have H&R right?

what do you know about squeaky suspension with h&r? whatever you know please tell me because i cant stand all the freaking noise coming from my suspension

Vertigo
01-15-2004, 03:50 AM
Come on Zero Three! Your springs aren't squeking. That's just your girlfriend in the passenger seat making funny noises.

02SilverSiHB
01-15-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
what do you know about squeaky suspension with h&r? whatever you know please tell me because i cant stand all the freaking noise coming from my suspension

A friend of mine on here had me install H&R on his car. (frentzenej11). He complained the next day about a squeak and knock sound he would get. He said he'd get the squeak and knock separately, and the knock sound came when going over bumps.

So I had him come back to the house and I took everything apart. I noticed this dust cover was pressed all the way up to the top. So I pushed it all the way back down, then put some grease on the top part of it, just in case it ever tries to happen again. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard of any problems from him.

glw
01-15-2004, 07:19 AM
A friend of mine on here had me install H&R on his car. (frentzenej11). He complained the next day about a squeak and knock sound he would get. He said he'd get the squeak and knock separately, and the knock sound came when going over bumps.

So I had him come back to the house and I took everything apart. I noticed this dust cover was pressed all the way up to the top. So I pushed it all the way back down, then put some grease on the top part of it, just in case it ever tries to happen again. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard of any problems from him.

grease on the top and shaft fixed mine along with cutting an inch off the bottom of the dust boot... not sure which - i did both at the same time.

now i'm squeak free!

Zero Three Si
01-15-2004, 07:47 AM
I think you guys are missing the point.

They ONLY squeek when:

1. I first start the car
2. When I pull out after the car has been sitting a while.

After that they run just fine with no squeeks.

02SilverSiHB
01-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I think you guys are missing the point.

They ONLY squeek when:

1. I first start the car
2. When I pull out after the car has been sitting a while.

After that they run just fine with no squeeks.
LOL, no we didn't miss a point, you didn't state that in your post.
So when you start the car,without moving the wheel you hear a squeak? No idea.

Hachiman
01-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I've had my H&R's in for about a year. No squeaks here.

Zero Three Si
01-15-2004, 08:47 PM
LOL, no we didn't miss a point, you didn't state that in your post.
So when you start the car,without moving the wheel you hear a squeak? No idea.

My bad mang...

Funny thing is, I take the queen to get a bath today and she squeeks for a little bit after the bath. Now the squeeks are gone.

frentzenej11
01-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah, ever since 02SilverSIHB reworked the springs I have had no problems. Only a slight knock when I go over a bigger bump, which I feel is normal. BTW 02SilverSIHB, whats going on man? When are we gonna get our drink on?