PDA

View Full Version : does a strut bar reduce wheel hop?

4g63dsm
01-14-2004, 02:25 AM
my friend has an 02 ex and he barely gets wheel hop anymore, his suspension mods are: neuspeed strut bar,17's, ground controls, and a rear sway. he's not sure but he said that he stoped getting wheel hop after the stut bar. do they really help with this problem?

oogy-boogy
01-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Personally, I eliminated wheel hop once I put in the ES motor mount inserts. Best $17.00 mod ever....Just a little time consuming to put in.

chunky
01-14-2004, 06:17 AM
it's unlikely that a strut bar would eliminate wheel hope. the source of wheel hop is the engine rocking back and forth on it's mounts. stiffening the chassis does help, but a strut tower brace doesn't stiffen the right points to make a difference for wheel hop.

Dr. Design
01-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Hello,
Chunky is correct! The more you can stiffen the chassis the more you can reduce wheel hop. However this can only be achieved if the bracing is in the correct location. We developed our double x-brace to help eliminate wheel hop. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

tony speed
01-14-2004, 03:45 PM
there are different ways of trying to eliminate wheel hop, but they all are related to reducing the flexibility of different parts of the car, so the car is less prone to oscillations.

Motor mounts
motor mount inserts
stiffer bushings
stiffer springs and dampening
stiffer chassis from back to front, not side to side
engine dampener

Dunrick
01-14-2004, 06:58 PM
prolly has less wheelhop cause he put 17" on a ex, so its robbing him from his power....

Si4U2NV
01-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by tony speed
there are different ways of trying to eliminate wheel hop, but they all are related to reducing the flexibleness of different parts of the car, so the car is less prone to oscillations.

Motor mounts
motor mount inserts
stiffer bushings
stiffer springs and dampening
stiffer chassis from back to front, not side to side

...flexibility? :smilem:

i agree... you have to stiffen up the chasis which a strut bar DOES do but not in the ryte spot...

-Mike

chunky
01-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
Hello,
Chunky is correct! The more you can stiffen the chassis the more you can reduce wheel hop. However this can only be achieved if the bracing is in the correct location. We developed our double x-brace to help eliminate wheel hop. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

bling bling.

the x-brace is the only chassis stiffener made right now that will help wheel hop. and of course you will benefit in more ways than just reduced wheel hop.

4g63dsm
01-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Personally, I eliminated wheel hop once I put in the ES motor mount inserts. Best $17.00 mod ever....Just a little time consuming to put in. where did you get them for 17 bucks?

SiRacer03
01-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Lightning Motor Sports (http://www.lightningmotorsports.com)

Search for Acura RSX motor mount inserts.

Siman
01-15-2004, 11:22 AM
no it will not eliminate wheel hop