PDA

View Full Version : I installed my Spoon Street Type axelback (thoughs and aftermath)

Chinaboy
01-14-2004, 05:36 AM
Intallation of the muffler was easy as one two three, execpt removing of the stock muffler... everyone knows that. The exhasut is no louder than stock at a stand still idol, only noticeable deeper tone. Now stay below 3400rpm, and the car sounds stock, good for city driving, and evading cops. Rip it above 3400rpm and let go, the car will scream very very loud.... in a very very irrisistable tone, not loud like fart can, but loud as in smooth all the way up all revs. Strongest pull starting at 3800rpm in 2nd gear, all of 3rd gear and up to 6700rpm in 4th gear is where the power is at. All I can say is... we all know how previous civic sound like with the exhaust... like a FART CAN... but this muffler is damn good.... its like the mugen exhaust execpt deeper in my opinion. Guess the 2.0 litre engine helps alot and the intake definately makes a big difference.

Overall spoon made a damn good product and im glad I didn't go Greddy or HKS even they are full catbacks, This exhaust is everything I hoped it to be and more... the music it makes is incredible and it is very clean in apperance and in the function of the unit to the car. something like gray goose vodka... pretty, smooth, and effective.

thanks for tuning in, next operation won't be for a while, but stay tuned all =D

You can all acess pictures on my
web journal (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=skylinehks)

Btrthnezr3
01-14-2004, 06:41 AM
Very very nice man! Great write up on your xanga site...I would comment but for some reason this computer is being ghey and won't let me sign up but my name is RestrictedAccess if you wanted to know. I don't have any car stuff on there yet...but soon enough! One thing though man, we need more pictures!! Hehe...anyways, congrats on your new toys :D

Civicvtec1ps
01-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Are you using stock mid pipe?

SiRman
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Sounds like your happy with it. Good to hear

Chinaboy
01-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Are you using stock mid pipe?

yeah i am... that is why sirman and I are making a group buy, so i can get it soon.