PDA

View Full Version : More Dealership Shennanigans!

pappaljf
01-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Here

SilverEpInDc
01-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Thats Bullshit dude!

STP03BlueSI
01-14-2004, 11:15 AM
That sounds like what we do here at Saturn. It is a kit that fixs the rear tires from becomming Chopped.(badly)...But no squeek

shimmy_yaz
01-14-2004, 03:43 PM
thats a funny ass letter

SiR_d1
01-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear your having such bad luck at Honda dealers

dj addicted
01-14-2004, 03:48 PM
seriously.. I would forward that to American Honda and let them be aware of what has been going on... Also, be sure to let them know that the 3rd dealership seems to have fixed the problem. I would love to see some shitty dealerships get their balls busted.

Graywolf
01-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Sounds like what Valencia Honda did for me.

1st visit:

Me: Clutch feels different, like its slipping. It doesnt engauge at the same spot it did last week.

VH: Nope, clutch seems good to me.

(me goes home)

2nd visit:

Me: Hey, when I bought this car the keyless entry doesnt work, can you check it for me?

VH: ya, it'll be 14 days till you can get an appointment, also it'll take us 2 days to look at and fix.

(me goes home)

3rd visit:
VH: Someone has cut your wires and installed a aftermarket alarm, so your keyless entry doesnt work. Take it back to the dealer you bought it from.

(me goes to lancaster honda)

Me: My keyless entry doesnt work, valencia honda says you cut my wires.

LH: Huh? Well lets see. Oh your remote isn't programmed.
(valencia honda turns the car off, hits the lock button, turns it on again)

How f***ing simple and stupid, I hope Valencia Honda Dies!!!!

I almost feel bad that I didnt buy an Acura...

03silverEP
01-14-2004, 04:58 PM
In St. Louis most of the Honda dealers are filled w/ingorant unhelpful cocks***ers. Once the car leaves the lot they could give a f**k about you. It sucks!! I've gone in for warrenty service many times and always gotten told to f**k off. "oh, well you can get an appointment in 3 weeks" and "it'll take 4 days to figure that out"
-rant-

Gs02SiR
01-14-2004, 05:33 PM
How can a dealership sell a vehicle, and then turn around and deny providing service for it. Being unhappy with the quality of service provided is a fact of life. At work, my main function is listening to customers feedback regarding the quality of service that we provide. People who are unhappy and unreasonable (not saying you are) are still serviced. You can't turn away customers purely on the basis of customer satisfaction. Is it their policy to simply deny individuals who are upset about their service any future business? If so, how can anybody ever claim to be unhappy, they will simply be "excluded". Obviously this company does not value customer feedback. Claiming, I only want to hear positive comments, is not very customer orientated (something all dealerships claim to be now at days).

Sorry for the rant, but that is just unbelievable. Good for you to have the intelligence to ask for that statement in writing. I can't believe they actually did! I would fire an employee on the spot for ever stating anything of that sort in writing.

chubbychu
01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
i dunno...i agree some dealers are pieces of crap. but, maybe...they just dont like the whiny authority that you have over them as customers.

after all, they do have the right to refuse service to anyone.

sorry, im just trying to see the other side of the picture

Gs02SiR
01-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I agree that refusing business is the right of the company. My point is that putting that statement in writing is suicide for that business and specifically that employee. Sometimes you just can't do right by a customer. Sometimes they are unreasonable, stupid or just an enormous cost to the company. In some cases the company knows they are wrong, but believes the probability of legal action is so low (or too costly) they do nothing.

I believe in this case, the dealer is saying that due to previous allegations of damages, they do not feel comfortable servicing the vehicle. It doesn't matter if you are right/wrong, what is important is how it can be percieved. This case can easily be perceieved as proof that dealers dont stand behind their product or their service.

intelli
01-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Maybe pappaljf is a bit more unreasonable a customer then we are lead to believe. I don't think a Honda dealer would go to that extreme if pappaljf was just a demanding customer.

Not that I want to defend a dealer but there seems to be a pattern here.

pappaljf
01-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Guys,

The last post prompted me to give a little more info. I brought the car into that dealership for crunchy shifts, and occassionally being unable to shift into 4th. After having the car for 3 days, they call me back and say nothing was wrong and that I should come pick it up.

My girlfriend followed me home. As soon as we got home, she was like "they screwed up your car" The rear bumper was hanging off several clip points, and there was a big crease in the bumper. Somebody at the dealership was hot dogging in my car and backed into something!

I brought it back the next day. I said they had damaged my car and I had pictures to prove it. They fixed the bumper (repaint! great for my car's value, right?) and gave me the car with several new door dings. I got pissed! I took my car outta there before they could screw it up any worse.

I wrote a nasty letter about that specific dealership to honda.

Another dealership (sierra honda, in monrovia) 'couldn't reproduce' my current problem, a weird noise coming from the steering rack/engine bay. I considered a 3rd dealer. It's just that "dealer shopping," taking a car to multiple dealerships over the span of a few months, is a big red flag at other Honda Dealerships and I thought I'd give Honda of Pasadena another chance.

Yes, I am demanding. But my cars fallen apart since 20k miles...here's the list of warranty repairs done:

New upholstery on both front seats
New motor mount
New Clutch Slave Cylinder
Changed tranny fluid
E-brake replaced
Seat belt pull up thingy's replaced

I've now got 25k miles and the car seems like it's 5 or 6 years old!

Anyway, that guy and I do have history, and I have told him what a shoddy service manager he is. Still, he and his crew can't go around denying warranty repairs. Bottom line.

TezGari
01-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Write a letter to Honda of America...That letter seems unkind, and uncaring....Honda would surely tell them whats up..

k20hatch
01-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed
Write a letter to Honda of America...That letter seems unkind, and uncaring....Honda would surely tell them whats up..

Id write to Honda of America to...that dude needs an EP driving stright up his ass!!..well no wait use an ex!!

siver-SI
01-14-2004, 10:27 PM
My dealership may not be happy tomarrow. Went to get my rear window replaced do to a line in the rear deforst not working. Well to get it fixed they had to bring it to a tint place since when I bought the car it had tinted windows. So I get there tonight to drop it off and they said the guy at the tint place was on vacation and they could not take the car even though I had made the apointement just a few days ago.

Well the day I made the apointment I had them test drive the car for the trans crunch and again my car did not act up. I was in the car with the tech so I know he did not lie. So when I got home I called up Honda to say that was the 4th time I have brought it in but it is not happening when they test drive. So they take my info and I also told them that the car was in for service on thursday for the window and they were going to do a test drive in the morning when it is cold out. They got all my info there like they were going to call up the dealership. Well if they do that now they have to answer to Honda why my car is not there. I just hope that Honda calles them up tomarrow just for that reason.

I am thinking of getting a new service place too. The place that my Mom got her BMW at also sells Hondas so I might bring it there or there is one in Gurnee that is good from what I heard. I will have to see what Honda tells me when the call back and what happens with this window.

HokieSi
01-15-2004, 07:03 AM
I overheard a service manager at Rosental Honda in Tysons Corner, VA TELLING a service tech that he wasn't available to talk to a customer about a problem. He was just standing around shooting the sh*t. I remember what he looks like. I'm going get his name and report him to AHM.

03silverEP
01-15-2004, 08:37 AM
they didn't literally tell me to f' off but needing my car serviced for a problem and telling me it would be 3 weeks or more before i could bring my car in feels the same to me. When you're sick you don't go to the doctor 3 weeks later, do you?

When I finally brought my car in I told the service manager that my gas gauge was not working and explained why. We have a 13 gallon tank, at 100 miles i'm exactly at 1/2 tank (either my milage sucks or the gauge is wrong) I filled up my car 4 times at the same gas station at 1/2 tank, the car only took 3.5 to 4 gallons. I remember 2nd. grade math and 13 divided by 2 is.....6.5 not 3.5 to 4. The service manager makes me argue with him for another 10 minutes before he agrees to look at it. 8 hours later when I go back to retrieve my car they say it's fine, and it's the shape of the gas tank that causes all of the civics to read gas wrong (bullshit). To this day it still does not work.

some of you may not think this is a big deal but I paid 18,000 for a brand new HONDA (reliable guess not any more) and it has a 3yr/36,xxx warrenty so I expect it to work, and what doesn't work to be fixed. it's very simple but not in st. louis........

SiGuy
01-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Man, I totally feel your pain. As a salesperson nothing infuriates me more than when my cutomers get fucked at service. Send that letter to Honda, heads will roll.

siver-SI
01-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
they didn't literally tell me to f' off but needing my car serviced for a problem and telling me it would be 3 weeks or more before i could bring my car in feels the same to me. When you're sick you don't go to the doctor 3 weeks later, do you?

When I finally brought my car in I told the service manager that my gas gauge was not working and explained why. We have a 13 gallon tank, at 100 miles i'm exactly at 1/2 tank (either my milage sucks or the gauge is wrong) I filled up my car 4 times at the same gas station at 1/2 tank, the car only took 3.5 to 4 gallons. I remember 2nd. grade math and 13 divided by 2 is.....6.5 not 3.5 to 4. The service manager makes me argue with him for another 10 minutes before he agrees to look at it. 8 hours later when I go back to retrieve my car they say it's fine, and it's the shape of the gas tank that causes all of the civics to read gas wrong (bullshit). To this day it still does not work.

some of you may not think this is a big deal but I paid 18,000 for a brand new HONDA (reliable guess not any more) and it has a 3yr/36,xxx warrenty so I expect it to work, and what doesn't work to be fixed. it's very simple but not in st. louis........

I get well over 100 miles before I hit a half tank. I am around 150 before I get to a half tank. Call Honda of America and tell them this. Do ask them if I use use 3.5 gallon of a 13 (or is it 14) gallon tank is that a half a tank? If they say no then you know your gagde is screwed up.

SiGuy
01-16-2004, 09:14 AM
I can't say for sure that your gauge is wrong, but it is true that our tanks are shaped so that when our gauge reads half a tank, it's actually less. So at least he was honest about that.

03silverEP
01-19-2004, 03:05 PM
when it reads 1/2 tank it's more, i fill up at 1/2 tank and the car only takes 3.5-4 gallons, same station same milage 100-115 (22-26 mpg) 13 divided by 2 is 6.5, it doesn't work, my delSol did this but only after it was 11.5 years old.