PDA

View Full Version : cylinder not working?

n8dawgsmu
01-14-2004, 04:16 PM
man someone help me out. i really can not figure out whats going on with my car. i put in the greddy turbo one of the cylinders didn't work. i took the turbo off the e manage and the SLC that goes with the e manage off. reconnected the wires that were cut, and taped up all of the wires that were not. i changed the injectors back to stock with the stock harnesses. the cylinder still isn't working. the plug still looks new(new honda factory plugs for the non boosted motor.) and the exhaust manifold pipe that comes off that cylinder is not as hot as the other pipes from the other cylinders i.e. no combustion?? anyone have any ideas where to start?

rs_1101
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
im no expert but ill bump this and give you some ideas where to start

first off.. which cylinder isnt firing?
1 2 3 4

second heres what ive got so far.
blockage in intake/exhaust port
injector solenoid malfunction
spark malfunction

how long have you run your car to test this? if your cars injecting fuel, but not detonating, you should be able to smell it or hear small explosions in your headers when the unburnt fuel goes through..? check EGT?

idk man.. id find a shop with a bunch of really nice dudes and get testing! if you have a voltometer you could check to see if theres current in your injector solenoids and your plug head? maybe you cut the wrong wire.. someone help here before i make a complete ass of myself

n8dawgsmu
01-14-2004, 05:52 PM
i believe it is cylinder 3, it is the third one from the throttle body. i smell gas on the plug after i idle it a min i think, so im guesing its the spark since the plug is still clean.

rs_1101
01-14-2004, 05:56 PM
are you certain your valves are intact? either you broke a primary intake valve or you have some electrical problems. how does the exhaust sound? normal?

oldskool
01-14-2004, 06:48 PM
thats weird....well if indeed your cylinder is not working remember you need fuel and spark. you can check your spark by putting a phillps screwdriver in the plug boot to make sure it is firing and for the injector, i have used plugs that fit on the wire and flash if the signal is being sent to the injector but i assume you probably dont have that, so a multimeter may be your answer to that. that may isolate the problem a bit. not sure about ecus and what not, used to playing with holleys and points ignition. hope that helps :(

n8dawgsmu
01-14-2004, 10:48 PM
ok this is the second coil plug and that was the problem, when i pulled the coil pack off a good cylinder and trader them that cylinder started working and the one that was working stopped.

PLEASEP PLEASE allow your motor to cool before pullling plugs that was my problem and it broke the coil packs

rs_1101
01-15-2004, 12:06 AM
and there ya go.