PDA

View Full Version : unhooked stock air box

liljosh63
01-14-2004, 07:04 PM
i just unhooked my stock air box so now its just the big tube with no filter (did this for curiousity to see if power or sound changes). Heres what i found: less power at bottom end, more power at higher rpms. Definitely louder, makes exhaust louder (stock exhaust). I know this cant be good for the engine thats why i hooked it all back up after i drove it around but what problems would someone run into if they ran daily driving like that???

02civicSI
01-14-2004, 07:07 PM
better hope you didnt suck anything in there when you had that filter off.

Si4U2NV
01-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by liljosh63
...but what problems would someone run into if they ran daily driving like that???

a lot... you can suck up debris, leaves, sand, dust, small animals... any of these things would be horrible on your engine internally, if it doesnt just burn and get crapped outta ur exhaust, it will stay inside and rub and scratch and cause many problems... if your gonna go all out ricer, take off the resonater ("air box") and cover the tube with a t-shirt or something... or be somewhat safe and get a unversal cone filter...

-Mike:confusem: :winkm:

SiRman
01-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Your motor will die a painful death.
No offense to you, I'm all in favor of trying different things, testing and tuning. But you are the reason I do not buy used cars.

Peking
01-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
Your motor will die a painful death.

Haha, not smart man :( What were you thinking ?!?

DavidT
01-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by SiRman
No offense to you, I'm all in favor of trying different things, testing and tuning. But you are the reason I do not buy used cars.

Haha, LOL! That made my day :D