PDA

View Full Version : What to do after hondata

02HatchSI
01-14-2004, 09:12 PM
well after hondata what are all u people with the flashes gonna do???

DavidT
01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Skunk2 cams in Feb!

02HatchSI
01-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Skunk2 cams in Feb!

the ? is will hondata (original reflash) accept the mod as well as act upon the mod?

Peking
01-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes how would that take?

What mods do you have 02HatchSI? I see I/H/E, what kind?

02HatchSI
01-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Yes how would that take?

What mods do you have 02HatchSI? I see I/H/E, what kind?

well i have intake wise "injen cai" (v2 coming in the mail real soon...)Header (dc ceramic), Exhaust (HKS HI-POWER), and (Hondata intake manifold gasket), I also have ES motor mounts coming in the mail as well... besides the engine bay thats about all of the engine mods... exterior/interior/suspension mods are a diff. story :D

jon

Peking
01-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Then since you have the basics and hondata. Suspension upgrades are the way to go.

02HatchSI
01-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Then since you have the basics and hondata. Suspension upgrades are the way to go.

i don't have hondata... I just have the intake manifold gasket... I am saying though y do suspension when in all reality i just wanna be able to build a descently quick a3 motor w/out f/i ya know!

Peking
01-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 02HatchSI
i don't have hondata... I just have the intake manifold gasket... I am saying though y do suspension when in all reality i just wanna be able to build a descently quick a3 motor w/out f/i ya know!

Sorry took that from the title. Yeah I know what you mean, the parts you need are not out yet. Bigger throttle body, cams, etc. You can find some things that will fit, or swap. I say keep the A3 for now, you might change your mind on forced induction :)

Civicvtec1ps
01-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Port polish.

4g63dsm
01-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Sorry took that from the title. Yeah I know what you mean, the parts you need are not out yet. Bigger throttle body, cams, etc. You can find some things that will fit, or swap. I say keep the A3 for now, you might change your mind on forced induction :)
why would you want to? for the price of these mods, your 2 intakes, ans your header and exhaust,you pretty much the whole way to an a2 with real vtec; or fi.

civic hatch boi
01-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 02HatchSI

because suspension upgrades are more worth it IMO. changes the whole feel of the car. and it makes the car more fun to drive. i/h/e does little for the car in real terms.. springs/sway bar on the other hand compeltely changes the car.

ep_nezay
01-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
because suspension upgrades are more worth it IMO. changes the whole feel of the car.

Not only that, its also called SAFETY. Thats how accidents happen, we have people building fast cars but when an unexpected act occurs, the car wont respond, due to lack of braking and traction.

IMO, suspension, brakes and tires are first in my list to building a fast car. Unless its only a DRAG car.

Good luck and be safehttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

02HatchSI
01-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Okay maybe I should have specified a lil' more... What kind of engine mods are possible after u flash the ecu? (besides: i/h/e)

SpoonEP3
01-17-2004, 12:34 AM
valve springs and valves to increase the c.r. and a cold air intake

civicSIracer
01-17-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by SpoonEP3
valve springs and valves to increase the c.r. and a cold air intake

you dumb shit valves and valve springs dont increase compression.
read up b4 you open your mouth newb

DavidT
01-17-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
you dumb shit valves and valve springs dont increase compression.
read up b4 you open your mouth newb

Bahaha, lol. Bad night huh?

dofu
01-17-2004, 06:54 AM
-would this work on our cars with a2 head?- (http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_k20a/throttle_bodies.html) and i thought spoon had a throtlle body for our car? but if if it came down to it, we could get our throttle body bored out, right?

johnnydanger
01-17-2004, 07:12 AM
IMO, suspension, brakes and tires are first in my list to building a fast car. Unless its only a DRAG car.

it's so funny you say that... i just bought wilwood brakes and this guy around here who has an 89 crx with a b16 swap and a turbo, plus about 600 lbs of stereo equipment, but still has stock brakes (disk/drum) asked me "why i wanted those brakes?" quote: "are you going for the bling bling factor? he said "i've got stock brakes still and they work fine for me..." i honestly couldn't believe he asked me that. oh well, ppl just don't value their safety as much as i do i guess... :rolleyes:

!@#$%
01-17-2004, 07:56 AM
i say wait until cams.

Dunrick
01-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by johnnydanger

it's so funny you say that... i just bought wilwood brakes and this guy around here who has an 89 crx with a b16 swap and a turbo, plus about 600 lbs of stereo equipment, but still has stock brakes (disk/drum) asked me "why i wanted those brakes?" quote: "are you going for the bling bling factor? he said "i've got stock brakes still and they work fine for me..." i honestly couldn't believe he asked me that. oh well, ppl just don't value their safety as much as i do i guess... :rolleyes:

yeah some people just put turbo's in their cars and never race, its the showroom factor or something. That is funny though

Ay for this guy that wants to know more htings to do to the a3, read the engine thread dog. There has been like 20 of these posts in the last month.

You should reconsider suspension too, these people who are replying speak from experience. Suspension is more fun since you feel it all the time. Do what ya like tho....