PDA

View Full Version : why didn't i just buy rsx springs?

4g63dsm
01-15-2004, 02:32 AM
i have the stechs and like the ride and look but am frusterated with the spring rate. Why do people recomend the em2 springs for are car when its seems to me we should use the rsx ones which happen to have a way better spring rate.

Tenacious G
01-15-2004, 09:04 AM
what are the DC5's spring rates? since it was developed specifically for the DC5, could you really expect better handling on an EP?

JapanExpress
01-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Am I missing something??? They DO make springs for the EP3. There are a ton of them out there. It still amazes me that people will go out and buy a new car and put parts on it that aren't made for it. :confused:

Just get some EP3-specific springs already.

02SilverSiHB
01-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
Am I missing something??? They DO make springs for the EP3. There are a ton of them out there. It still amazes me that people will go out and buy a new car and put parts on it that aren't made for it. :confused:

Just get some EP3-specific springs already.
yeah, those teins are vvvveeerrrryryyyyyy soft!

Dane
01-16-2004, 10:18 PM
The EP3 and the RSX strut will interchange, I have done it. The springs are the same. I also have an Element that is the same. So there is nothing wrong with buying the RSX springs because they are the same and will interchange....The Element has a larger spring. I used my stock EP3 springs to lower my Element.

civic hatch boi
01-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Dane
The EP3 and the RSX strut will interchange, I have done it. The springs are the same. I also have an Element that is the same. So there is nothing wrong with buying the RSX springs because they are the same and will interchange....The Element has a larger spring. I used my stock EP3 springs to lower my Element.

just because the springs fit don't mean they have the same spring rate... the ep and the rsx do NOT use the same springs...

Dunrick
01-17-2004, 08:43 AM
joseph pax had the dc5r tein springs

it was dumped in the front, and the back sits up....looks good imo

as for how it handles, i have no clue

i have the em2 tein stech springs, and have no problem doin good in autox. You have a point though, they are mad soft.

johnkimble
01-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Dane
The Element has a larger spring. I used my stock EP3 springs to lower my Element.

dude that is hot shit right there. i saw an element getting its oil changed at the dealership and i was like hmmmmmm... i wonder if that would work.. if u can PM me some pics, i would like to see it!

sorry for the hi-jack. just pay a litlte more for ep3 designed/engineered springs and you can expect a hell of a lot better performance.

peace