PDA

View Full Version : another 400 to spend, What to do...?

aRz
01-15-2004, 08:58 AM
As of to day my ep is, Lowered on Stockies, jdm side markers, Jdm type R wing, Dc sport sri, Hp headers, Custom 2.25' piping/cat cut Apex-i muffler, Apex-i S-afc2.

400 to spend, should i buy a pair of lightweight 16' Rotas'

Save untill Skunk 2 comes out w/ k20 a3 Intake manifold Cams and throttle body. (which should be coming out in about 4-6 weeks)

Or.... You guys tell me what else i can do.

02HatchSI
01-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by aRz
As of to day my ep is, Lowered on Stockies, jdm side markers, Jdm type R wing, Dc sport sri, Hp headers, Custom 2.25' piping/cat cut Apex-i muffler, Apex-i S-afc2.

400 to spend, should i buy a pair of lightweight 16' Rotas'

Save untill Skunk 2 comes out w/ k20 a3 Intake manifold Cams and throttle body. (which should be coming out in about 4-6 weeks)

Or.... You guys tell me what else i can do.

I wonder what the dyno charts on these new products will give and i wonder as well if the original hondata chip will accept the mod :) Maybe I will just wait for all of these to come out and then reflash... Maybe low 14's i hope!

aRz
01-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Skunk 2 e-mailed me and said that the cams and intake manifold will be coming out soon i dont know about the throttle body.
cant wait...

hernameis?
01-15-2004, 10:48 AM
save $200 more and get hondata, just look at all the positive feeback. Sides the price, I cant remember seeing any negative thoughts on it..

Speaking of cams has anyone emailed Hondata and asked them what/how the flash will work with oh say Skunk cams?

bgsteve523
01-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Thats what I wanna know I have a hondata flash now and you better believe when thoes cams come out I will order them that day I have the money I am just waiting, but it better work with the flash. I can't see why it wouldn't it should be better.

Civicvtec1ps
01-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Save up and get hondata ecu and manifold gasket.

TrippZ
01-15-2004, 03:23 PM
get the cams :cool:

Peking
01-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Dude save for this- k20 a3 Intake manifold, Cams, and throttle body. Then Flash, hondata might be happy to see those mods. Would be a very good set-up IMO.

!@#$%
01-15-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing that the cams should give very good gains, however we will probably need the stage 2 hondata with user programmability. Then a shop could set the cam angle on our intake cam to work smoother and more efficiently.

So I guess the mod list goes as such:
Intake
Header
Exhaust
Hondata
Cams (pending)
Re-flash hondata
Intake manifold
Bored Throttle body and all the other stuff rumored to come out for the ep.

Hopefully, fully tuned to it's potential we will see upwards of 180-190 whp in the future.

DavidT
01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
I'd sell your Apexi S-AFC2 and use that money plus your $400 to get Hondata. Well worth the price. Gains throughout the powerband is amazing, especially at part throttle.

I emailed Skunk2 as well and they gave me a very vague answer of "No eta of this time." That came from info@skunk2.com. They didn't answer my question of whether it's really for an A3 or A2 or roughly how much it's going to cost. Oh well. Just gotta wait I guess.

31102si
01-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by hernameis?
save $200 more and get hondata, just look at all the positive feeback. Sides the price, I cant remember seeing any negative thoughts on it..

Speaking of cams has anyone emailed Hondata and asked them what/how the flash will work with oh say Skunk cams?

I agree :)