PDA

View Full Version : Got My transmission fixed FINALLY!!!

Siman
01-15-2004, 10:14 AM
After 3.5 weeks of waiting, i finally got my car back from honda! The reason it took so long was becuase the first time they got it back to me it was still messed up internally, to make a long story short, the mechacnic put the main bearing on the final drive in backwards!:confused: The bearing has different sized bevels on either side one of which is longer (1/16") and caused all the gears to loosen a total of 1/16"! The things is no one could figure out what was wrong with it for a week! THEY TOTALLY REBUILT MY TRANNY 3 TIMES....THAT IS ORDERING all new internal parts, yes I said ALL new gears+ synchros+ springs+ shift forks every single rebuild!!!!!

To say the least they found that bearing and fixed it all up and i took it home yesterday, with my girlfried by my side, ahhh it was soo good to be in my EP3 again. My girlfriend said: " Jonathan, You look really happy right know:* ", All i could do was grin:D . I love her:blushm:

anywho...The dealer was soo great, the mechanics were sooo friggen nice to me, and although i waited 3.5 weeks for it, IT SHIFTS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN STOCK!!! I am dead serious!

I leave you guys with this, Be patient...and good things will happen to you;)

BlackNRedSi
01-15-2004, 10:22 AM
how did you notice you were first having tranny problems? were you having problems shifting or...? im just asking so i know for future refrence...

thanks

eric

Siman
01-15-2004, 10:38 AM
You havnt paid much attention to MY threads have you for the past 3/4 year! I started having shifting grinds around 6K. They expodentially got worse and worse and my tranny locked up on me one night! Totally locked out! That happend 2 more times...I took it to my original dealer 30 miles away to have them fix it under warranty...they BS'd me 5 times.:mad: Then I took it to my hometown honda dealership. THey took it right in..and fixed it. Meanwhile my brothers RSX Type-S tranny had as the technician from Acura said " a catastrophic failure" in the transmission that wasnt my brothers fault. The shift forks just snapped while he was putting around in our neighborhood!

this is just a little off the top of what i have been through the past 9 months:confused: I hope to never go through this crap again!:cool:

Siman
01-15-2004, 10:40 AM
oh, my tranny would just NOT go in gear sometims, it would " lock itself out" if you will, I would have NO forward gears no reverse sometimes! It was a nightmare, much less a laughing specticale for my friends:o

BlackNRedSi
01-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Siman
oh, my tranny would just NOT go in gear sometims, it would " lock itself out" if you will, I would have NO forward gears no reverse sometimes! It was a nightmare, much less a laughing specticale for my friends:o

OOOOH MY GAWD! WOW!!!!

I have to keep up2 date with your POSTS! ;) :D

SiR_d1
01-15-2004, 12:56 PM
GLAD TO HEAR EVERYTHING APPEARS TO BE FINE NOW:)

Siman
01-15-2004, 09:57 PM
hahahah, thanks for the support!:p J/K LOL hhahahh

chunky
01-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Siman
I love her:blushm:

I love my ep3 too! :)

glad it all worked out for ya.

STP03BlueSI
01-16-2004, 09:37 AM
glad to hear everything got fixed:)