PDA

View Full Version : lowest ride height

blkcivicsi2002
01-16-2004, 02:51 AM
i want to lower my ep, i have neuspeed race springs (not installed) and after seeing pics of other ep's with those on it , i am starting to think 2 inches just aint enough , who makes coiler overs or springs that lower 3 inches or more.? i want my car real low,
also if you can pics.

513n179
01-16-2004, 08:50 AM
in my opinion, a 2 inch drop is all you need. Anything more just isn't neccessary.

siren
01-16-2004, 09:15 AM
get some ground control coilovers.. not much more than neuspeed springs.. lower it as much as you want

sk2oi
01-16-2004, 09:23 AM
I had Ground Controls, but they didn't cut it. Bottoming out everywhere because of the lower spring rates, and they didnt lower the car as low as i wanted.I now have skunk2 coilovers. Very minimal bottoming out and my car is slammed. Tucked in the front and back. I also cut the cut the cup on the front struts so that I would be able to drop the car lower. Will have pics later today.

Vertigo
01-19-2004, 06:45 AM
I run the GC set-up and love it. I might be investing in some new struts in the near future, but thats a biproduct of having a lowerd car. For some pics check out the link in my sig. I still have plenty of room for adjustment. I just lowerd it some for DD.

VNlilMAN
01-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Ya I used to have problems bottoming out with the neuspeed race and ground controls on my EM2 but dont have the problem with my hayames because they retain full stroke. This means you can slam to 3" without bottoming out.

4g63dsm
01-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by blkcivicsi2002
i want to lower my ep, i have neuspeed race springs (not installed) and after seeing pics of other ep's with those on it , i am starting to think 2 inches just aint enough , who makes coiler overs or springs that lower 3 inches or more.? i want my car real low,
also if you can pics. ya try to lower it to the point where the frame practically on the ground, so when you go over a bump sparks shoot out. Your car would be the coolest. oh ya and with your sleeve coilovers slammed all the way your shock will blow out real soon and you get that cool bouncing look on the freeway!!!:) oh
Very minimal bottoming out and my car is slammed. Tucked in the front and back. I also cut the cut the cup on the front struts so that I would be able to drop the car lower. dude your car must be sick, when you turn your wheel and and your tires rub! i love the way that looks omg!

02SilverSiHB
01-19-2004, 09:07 PM
yeah, 2" is the lowest you should ever go, imo

andy
01-19-2004, 09:15 PM
lol@4g63dsm