PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are tired of body kit's for our car not fitting? How about Tsunami?

02SilverSiHB
09-24-2002, 04:46 AM
I've tried emailing Tsunami to see if they have any plans on making a body kit for our cars. I haven't received a reply yet. So I thought you all might want to gang up and email the fudge packers to flood their emails with replies and pleas for a body kit for our car!

Here's their site www.tsunami1.com
and here is their contact email: sales@tsunami1.com

ssvr6
09-24-2002, 04:59 AM
To make the kits fit you have to do some "parts swapping" with the Euro/Jap Type R. The bumper cores/supports are all that have to be changed as well as the hatch or just the glass to get the wing.

Personally, it's worth the extra money to import those parts and have the kit fit great then to hack up your car to make it fit.

JMO.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
09-24-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
To make the kits fit you have to do some "parts swapping" with the Euro/Jap Type R. The bumper cores/supports are all that have to be changed as well as the hatch or just the glass to get the wing.

Personally, it's worth the extra money to import those parts and have the kit fit great then to hack up your car to make it fit.

JMO.

Steve
that's my point. I'm hoping tsunami comes out with a kit that looks good, because every kit they make is made to fit, oem parts.

What about the buddy club, do you have to import parts for that also?

When you say bumper cores/supports are all that have to be changed, are you saying the impact beams? I thouhgt you actually have to swap out the front and rear bumpers completely to get the type r kit to fit.

ssvr6
09-24-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm almost positive that the CTR kit includes new bumpers which is why only supports have to be replaced. (If not, it will need them. That's why there's fittiment issues.)

Same goes for the buddy kit. You have to AT LEAST have the CTR to get the Buddy kit to fit.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
09-24-2002, 10:04 AM

Same goes for the buddy kit. You have to AT LEAST have the CTR to get the Buddy kit to fit.

Steve
or just the supports right? I'm not trying to be stupid, I'm just trying to understand what you mean when you say supports. Are the supports the area where the bumper holes align to. Man, this whole thing drives me nuts. Not only did we not get the CTR but everything out there is for the damn CTR which doesn't fit our car.
I'm really wishing I had just bought the GTI 337.

ssvr6
09-24-2002, 10:49 AM
Here's how it works (complete description):

Our "bumpers" (where our signals are) are not truly bumpers, they're covers. Our real bumpers are under the covers. That's what needs to be replaced.

You need new bumper cores and then the new covers and lower valences.

Make sense?

Steve

02SilverSiHB
09-24-2002, 01:41 PM
Here's how it works (complete description):

Our "bumpers" (where our signals are) are not truly bumpers, they're covers. Our real bumpers are under the covers. That's what needs to be replaced.

You need new bumper cores and then the new covers and lower valences.

Make sense?

Steve
ah, got it, I know what you're saying now. :D