PDA

View Full Version : anyone painted part of their carbon fiber hood?

dustinhurley
01-16-2004, 01:57 PM
I've seen this a few times, and I think it looks pretty sweet. I'm wondering if anyone has a pic of an EP3 with a partly painted carbon fiber hood like this....
http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1673196

Si Death
01-16-2004, 03:43 PM
ok it wasnt a carbon firehood i dont think but ive seen a car at some show that did that and someone else here has done it. It looks nice on the rsx but for some reason, it just didnt look good on the ep!:(

EMI
01-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Here is mine, I painted the carbon lip and left a little in the front in carbon. I kinda don't like the lip so I am redoing it

http://njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/normal_my%20front~1.jpg

ep3hatchattack
01-19-2004, 11:58 PM
It looks ok, but honestly people dont seem to realize ( not saying you guys) but i know i have a carbon fiber hood for looks, and show points.....lets be honest here, the stock hood weighs what?? a whopping 10lbs (i know thats not right, its an example, a-holes :) )and the CF hood weighs what 6-7lbs, sweeet!!!!!!! 3lbs lighter, watch out ferraris, here i come!!!!!!! No..... we get them for looks, you dont get a carbon fiber lip to paint it because you spend all that money to get the CF, but not to lose weight because face it, it may be light, but adding a lip doesnt make the car lighter because it carbon, shit, maybe if they had helium filled carbon peices :rolleyes: I may be on to something....... :eek:

or not, but i hope you all hear where i am coming from...... thanks, dave

KimchiBoy_TypeR
01-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Good point dude but if you have your car candy painted and paint your hood in an opaque candy paint to match the body paint you will should get even more props at a show. Cause with an opaque paint you can still see the carbon fiber pattern through the color so it looks suppa pimp!!!:cool:

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
Good point dude but if you have your car candy painted and paint your hood in an opaque candy paint to match the body paint you will should get even more props at a show. Cause with an opaque paint you can still see the carbon fiber pattern through the color so it looks suppa pimp!!!:cool:

Damn....... didnt think about that........ but thats if its opaque....... i guess we can make that the rule of painting CF ;)

Vertigo
01-20-2004, 12:14 AM
When i purchase a CF hood, i plan on painting both sides along the body line. Just like the Greddy car. Another reason to paint at least part of the hood is because there are stupid people out there. They all come up and ask if your hood is primered and if you got it for a junkyard.

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 12:18 AM
i hear ya there too....... i saw that you were browsing this forum and i was hoping to hear a respond from you haha....... always funny to hear some of the stuff you say lol....... i think we are to damn dedicated to keeping the dobbs MIA thread open so we decided to browse another part of the site lol........ take care bro, btw i missed the colt vs pats game yesterday :( who won....... i forgot to check on that.........