PDA

View Full Version : Official Skunk2 Engine product availability

!@#$%
01-16-2004, 02:58 PM
I just got my silencer along with the new 04 skunk2 catalog. I'm not completely sure if these have all been released to the market, but eventhough some aren't, we at least will know that it will be in the very near future. Here are the k series items and how they are currently listed:

All K20a2 and k20a3

Adjustable Cam Gear(like we would need these anyway....)
Silver- available
Red- currently not available
Blue- currently not available

Camshafts
Stage 1- available
Stage 2- available
Stage 3- in development
turbo- in development

Valvetrain
Valvesprings- available
Retainers- available

Valve Kits (standard valves are 3-10 grams lighter than stock)
Standard High- available
Standard Low- available
+0.5 High- available
+0.5 Low- available

Intake
Manifold- in development
Throttle Body- available

ECU
ECU mod- available
Race ECU- available
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To try and clear up a few things, it is listed Civic SI 02+ and will quote with description. "...features sequential ignition, control of the knock sensor, continuous control of i-vtec, control of all factory sensors, closed loop control of the factory O2 sensor and wideband O2 sensor... Each unit comes preprogrammed with map suitable for your vehicle. Windows based mapping software that allows you to program the unit is available separately."

I'm guessing the ECU mod=Hondata, and the Race ECU=the upcoming windows based hondata. Only this ECU will probably be more expensive and looks to come in a very nice silver ECU container with S2 logo. *shrugs
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mega power exhaust- available

Street header- in development

Race Header- in development

Test Piping- available

*Everything above is also listed for the k24a2 TSX motor except for the ECU.

Take this for what it's worth. :D

02HatchSI
01-16-2004, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by !@#$%
[B]I just got my silencer along with the new 04 skunk2 catalog. I'm not completely sure if these have all been released to the market, but eventhough some aren't, we at least will know that it will be in the very near future. Here are the k series items and how they are currently listed:

All K20a2 and k20a3

Adjustable Cam Gear(like we would need these anyway....)
Silver- available
Red- currently not available
Blue- currently not available

Camshafts
Stage 1- available
Stage 2- available
Stage 3- in development
turbo- in development

Valvetrain
Valvesprings- available
Retainers- available

Valve Kits (standard valves are 3-10 grams lighter than stock)
Standard High- available
Standard Low- available
+0.5 High- available
+0.5 Low- available

Intake
Manifold- in development
Throttle Body- available

ECU
ECU mod- available
Race ECU- available
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To try and clear up a few things, it is listed Civic SI 02+ and will quote with description. "...features sequential ignition, control of the knock sensor, continuous control of i-vtec, control of all factory sensors, closed loop control of the factory O2 sensor and wideband O2 sensor... Each unit comes preprogrammed with map suitable for your vehicle. Windows based mapping software that allows you to program the unit is available separately."

I'm guessing the ECU mod=Hondata, and the Race ECU=the upcoming windows based hondata. Only this ECU will probably be more expensive and looks to come in a very nice silver ECU container with S2 logo. *shrugs
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am guessing that chip will be a knock-off hondata chip with maybe more potential??? Thanks for posting this man!

jon

!@#$%
01-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 02HatchSI
So I am guessing that chip will be a knock-off hondata chip with maybe more potential??? Thanks for posting this man!

jon

They claim to have the actual "hondata flash" on their si project that puts out 300 hp. This is the engine that finally was completed into the ep3 in the project civic they covered in super street.

Specs

Skunk2 Civic RR spec
Engine type- K24A DOHC
Displacement- 2354 cc
Comp Ratio- 10:1
Horsepower- 300 hp

DavidT
01-17-2004, 02:54 AM
I don't think the K24A that they built for that white EP is the one they are using for the super street comp. They slightly bored and stroked a K20A to 2.2 liters and they dub'd it the K20A5. It's a 10000-11000 RPM monster, which will never happen on the K24 block due to it's massive stroke. And I emailed skunk2 about the 04 catalog stating the cams and such were avaliable, the guy from skunk who emailed me back just said, "No eta at this time." Gay fag. Here are the specs on the K20A5

2175cc
88.5x88.5mm strokeXbore (Stock is 86x86)
11.5:1 Comp ratio
310 HP

I could be wrong but I think this is the motor they are using in the street challenge. Either way, that's the motor I want ;)

STP03BlueSI
01-17-2004, 06:31 AM
Sweet[/cartman voice]...Thanks for the update!:D

02HatchSI
01-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
I don't think the K24A that they built for that white EP is the one they are using for the super street comp. They slightly bored and stroked a K20A to 2.2 liters and they dub'd it the K20A5. It's a 10000-11000 RPM monster, which will never happen on the K24 block due to it's massive stroke. And I emailed skunk2 about the 04 catalog stating the cams and such were avaliable, the guy from skunk who emailed me back just said, "No eta at this time." Gay fag. Here are the specs on the K20A5

2175cc
88.5x88.5mm strokeXbore (Stock is 86x86)
11.5:1 Comp ratio
310 HP

I could be wrong but I think this is the motor they are using in the street challenge. Either way, that's the motor I want ;)

fuck :eek:

downhil
01-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 02HatchSI
fuck :eek:

my thoughts exactly.

USMCSI PT.2
02-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Dammit I want some real power adders to go NA in the old EP.

They better come out with this shit before like september, I am getting sick of the wait.:'(

Chinaboy
02-21-2004, 12:15 AM
funny to see that KA24 can make 300hp.... with mods... my tsx now has a nice chance to see the tuning in its life time... I wanted to mod the civic si ... but now maybe i should mod my KA24 instead of 20.... or maybe I should have an engine swap of the TSX and the Civic si... haha so the si can have a KA24 and the TSX can have a KA20