PDA

View Full Version : Down with Benson

danoonez
01-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Alright I'm through going to Benson Honda for service. To start with, after my 15k service a few weeks ago, I picked up the car only to start it and hear the radio at full blast and to see that the Tech's road test was about 12 miles long. What the hell do you need to drive 12 miles for? And on top of that, I bought the oil for them to use in the oil change and left it in my car. Obviously you cant buy 4.6 quarts, so I got a full 5, all of which they put in. Anyway, I go back today because my shifter assembly was squeaking and the little white connectors (you know what I'm talking about if you've seen them) needed to be greased. The guy comes out to me and I tell him what that I either need it to be greased up right quick or they can just give me some of the grease they use (cause I dont know what they would use there). But he says "No man we should really check that out, you know that thing goes all the way down into the transmission." After he said that I shut my door and left. I hate when people treat me like I'm an idiot.

Anyway, does anybody know what kind of grease I would use on those white connectors in the shifter assembly? I'm guessing it would just be some white lithium, which I've been meaning to get anyway so I can fix the creaky clutch pedal. Now that I think about it, it's a good thing I never asked them to fix the clutch pedal either..."nah man that thing goes all the way down into your clutch.":rolleyes:

http://www.k-series.com/Images/Tech/NS_EP_SS/NS_EP_SS-1.jpg

Those are the connectors I'm talking about. (picture off k-series)

danoonez
01-16-2004, 09:40 PM
30 views and nobody knows what grease to use?

glw
01-16-2004, 10:23 PM
sorry about your problems with the dealer...

according to the helms manual: grease pn 08798-9002

and those cables do run all the way to the transmission. ;)

mrfixit687
01-16-2004, 10:41 PM
just go buy some multipurpose grease at autozone or something

danoonez
01-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by glw
and those cables do run all the way to the transmission. ;)

:rolleyes:

No s*** sherlock.
Sorry so mean, but that's exactly why I got mad at the service rep. Anyway, I have the Helms manual too, and I didn't see the part number for the grease, so thank you for telling me about it. Is that something I can go to the parts department and ask for?

glw
01-16-2004, 11:47 PM
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i'm in with mrfixit... i'd just use some standard multipurpose grease... i have some black stuff in the garage i got down at "manny, moe, and jack's place".

if you want you can probably buy the honda grease from the dealer... here is a link for it over at San Leandro Honda (http://www.slhondaparts.com/search.asp?partNo=08798-9002)

danoonez
01-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by glw
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

i'm in with mrfixit... i'd just use some standard multipurpose grease... i have some black stuff in the garage i got down at "manny, moe, and jack's place".

if you want you can probably buy the honda grease from the dealer... here is a link for it over at San Leandro Honda (http://www.slhondaparts.com/search.asp?partNo=08798-9002)

Haha, glad to see it's all good. Yeah I just opened up my Helms manual and both you guys were right on. In section 3-2 it clearly states to just use multi-purpose grease.:o My bad for not looking there first. Thanks for the link.

STP03BlueSI
01-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Hey it happens. I know how you feel about when the Service manager/Service writer, thinks you know nothing..well i have news for them, I work for a dealership.:confused:

I love it when they said i need a 10k service and change my air filter...yea go ahead and order me a new cone filter:D