PDA

View Full Version : 2002 SI appearance accessories???

BestMix
07-01-2002, 09:08 AM
Hello All, picked-up my taffeta white on Saturday. Couple questions regarding appearance accessories. Has anyone done the sports bra thing? If so, how does the bra look/perform?

Also, did anyone get splash guards? How do they look? Sorry for the newbie questions... I'm just getting started.

DownTheHatch
07-01-2002, 09:16 AM
First of all we welcome you to ephatch.com :)

The Si pictured in this photo is equipped with with the Honda Nose Mask and the Splash Guards, I havn't used the splash guards but I imagine they keep the dirt off.

http://www.ephatch.com/gallery/misc/civicsinosemask.jpeg

And this civic belongs to our member HondaMan, he has the factory bra:

http://pryor.ws/Digital_Photos2/Apartment_CivicSi_060402%20015.jpg

In my opinion these accessories do not add much to the appeal of the car. I would suggest the OEM floor mats that say Civic Si on them, or maybe the silver engine cover with red i-vtec. The factory fog lights are pretty snazzy too.

There are more pictures in the gallery, just go to www.ephatch.com and click on gallery, the pictures of OEM accessories are under "Misc Images".

Hey, hopefully Honda of America will release a factory body kit :)

SBC31
07-01-2002, 09:29 AM
I agree with Downthehatch, these accesories are nothing major. In my opinion, the nose bra can cause more damage then good, plus the 80's are over...lol!

I did get the mudflaps, then I took them off since I didn't like them in the silver Civic. But once I got my 17" wheels I put the front ones back on since too much dirt was flying onto the body. Unfortunately, Honda sells the mudflaps as a set of four only, but I will put the rear ones back on for the winter months.

Here's my car with the front mudflaps only:
http://members.rogers.com/sbc31/SBC_Civic0024.jpg

The only neat accesories from Honda right now (IMO) are the Type R valve cover, Fog lamps are nice, but over priced, and the Touch-up Paint Pen can be useful in the future.

Like Downthehatch said, let's hope Honda brings the CTR body kit to our shores.

BestMix
07-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Appreciate your input DownTheHatch and SBC31. SBC31, that is one sweeeeeeet SI... It's the nicest one I've seen yet!

fishboy
07-01-2002, 11:31 AM
i'm not so sure about the sports bra look, if you like it go for it. as for me i like my front end naked, but sometime i wish i had some bra or something because of the chips i've been getting on the bumper. damn bugs too. it's like my front bumper is a magnet for these friggin bugs. i want the silver engine cover, i really like that idea. i have mudflaps, i like that look personally. i can't wait for some clear bumper lenses to come out, that's top on my list of wants.

SBC31
07-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BestMix
Appreciate your input DownTheHatch and SBC31. SBC31, that is one sweeeeeeet SI... It's the nicest one I've seen yet!

Thanks for the compliment BestMix. You will find many excellent looking Civic Si's (SIR's) on these boards, best place for any ephatch owner, welcome to our lil' club.

xlr8
07-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BestMix
Hello All, picked-up my taffeta white on Saturday. Couple questions regarding appearance accessories. Has anyone done the sports bra thing? If so, how does the bra look/perform?

Also, did anyone get splash guards? How do they look? Sorry for the newbie questions... I'm just getting started.
welcome. taffeta white owns. im not a fan of the sports bra, my sis headlights arent drupping. i got the splash gaurds with my hatch, but took them off as soon as i got home. happy modding

DynaSpeed
07-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Has anyone done the sports bra thing? If so, how does the bra look/perform
The performance? you get about 5 - 7 horse out of it. :D

Sorry... i couldn't resist.:)

rocket_civic
07-01-2002, 07:48 PM
I think the Bra was actually dynoed to produce 8.134 hp at the wheels.

http://bling.imperial.org/smile/gives.gif

rocket_civic
07-01-2002, 07:49 PM
SWEET Check OUT my post # .....69 DUDE!!!!!!!!

http://bling.imperial.org/smile/69.gif

BestMix
07-02-2002, 06:34 AM
So by adding flaps and bra, I'm looking at an increase of say 13 to 15 HP. Wondering what I can expect HP-wise when I upgrade the factory stereo?
:D

DynaSpeed
07-02-2002, 06:49 AM
Well, now actually the bumps will take away horsepower and overall torque. It's kinda like trading one for the other. Its actually a proven Theorem.

(Si^Ep+D+Md) - (Rd + SPL)
---------------------------- &nbsp &nbsp =&nbsp Horsepower
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp(Cp + Gf)

Where Si to the EP power is added to:

D (Decals)
Md (Mods)

Minus

Rd (radio)
SPL (Sound Pressure Level)

all divided by:

Cp (Capital (Money))
Gf (Girlfriend)

I hope this clears up some confusion.

xlr8
07-02-2002, 01:44 PM
thats funny, but now there is no way in hell im modding my stereo

rocket_civic
07-03-2002, 02:54 PM
The GF (girlfriend) factor of your theorem always screws me big time! ANd not the good way. Lol

K20NutBucket
07-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Who has side moldings.....its an option for our cars, didnt know if anyone had. http://www.collegehillshonda.com/parts/extension/civichatch/02si.htm

Heres a good link for accessories.

SBC31
07-03-2002, 05:40 PM
rocket_civic has side mouldings, but they are from an Accord, I think. Didn't know they offered them in North America. Their are some real ugly ones in the UK (see link below) that you can get, but I doubt that the ones from colleghills are like that.

Link to UK mouldings (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88)

K20NutBucket
07-04-2002, 05:06 AM
Dude, those moldings look like a$$.....way to big for the car. Think ill pass on those.

CleanBlackSi02
07-08-2002, 04:58 AM
I saw the Euro Body Moldings on a two door EP Civic in Finland a few days ago. They look as bad in person as they do in the pics. Also, I've seen at least 6 or 7 EP four door Civics floating around the countries I've been visiting. Not too shabby...

FourJays
07-10-2002, 05:33 AM
Here are two places I've bought factory parts and accessories from. Both have low prices, genuine parts and good service:

www.ahmotor.com
www.hparts.com

siep
08-01-2002, 09:29 AM
Did you get the touch up paint pen from the dealer SBC31? I could only get the paint in the bottle type.

corbinh
08-01-2002, 09:39 AM
was looking at the australian honda site and they had some kit type pieces that lay over the power window and a/c vents in the silver like the dash center piece..anyone seen anything like this in the states

siep
08-01-2002, 09:44 AM
The dealers here can get the carbon fiber dash trims. That's all I've seen. Honda Access of Japan has a carbon/Kevlar trim available.

Ant
08-01-2002, 10:01 AM
SBC31 is your car lowed? Its not right? if not ,to each his own, but if it is then I want to know which springs NOT to buy.

SBC31
08-01-2002, 12:08 PM
You are correct, my car is NOT lowered. I do want to get it lowered, but I want to wait since I just bought a house and it's not cheap up here Canada for springs/installation/alignment. To tell you the truth, I don't mind the stock height, and the car handles pretty darn well with the stock suspension.

Ant
08-01-2002, 12:10 PM
cool

SBC31
08-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by siep
Did you get the touch up paint pen from the dealer SBC31? I could only get the paint in the bottle type.

Sorry for the late reply, just saw your question now. The touch up paint pen is available from dealers here in Canada. My dealer now only stocks the pen since it works so great.

Glix
08-01-2002, 12:36 PM
Where do you see side moldings as an option?
I've never seen that as an option anywhere.

SBC31
08-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Glix
Where do you see side moldings as an option?
I've never seen that as an option anywhere.
Mouldings are only available in the UK. But apparently the Accord moulding can be fitted on the 02 Si. Plus some dealers in the US somehow list moulding as an option. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which US dealers do have them.

If my I remember correctly, XLR8 (member) got Accord mouldings put on his ride.

Glix
08-01-2002, 12:47 PM
Anyone in the UK have a screenshot of the EP with side moldings?

SBC31
08-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Glix
Anyone in the UK have a screenshot of the EP with side moldings?
I posted a thread on this already, and trust me you don't want to see the UK mouldings. They are huge!

Check them out on this thread, and sorry of you get sick...lol!

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88&highlight=mouldings

Glix
08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Gah! that is the foulest thing I have ever seen.

They could at least be body colored mouldings. wtf?

corbinh
08-01-2002, 01:11 PM
those mouldings look like they are from the toyota rav4..look bad on the ep.

Ive seen several of the honda accessorie sites list them as being available but have yet to see one with a picture...they come color matched for around 100

HondaMan
08-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Must have missed this post. Any wyas, my half-bra is not always on...mainly just use it when I go on long trips...I don't want to have to use that touch-up paint pen thingy often. :p

See my links below more more pics... ;)

HondaMan
08-01-2002, 01:17 PM
BTW, those moldings are butt ugly!

1stockEP
08-01-2002, 02:18 PM
The only reason anyone should get a bra is if they drive on dirt/gravel roads or live in a rural area. Bugs and rocks can do a number to the front of a car. Ive been washing bugs off the front of my hatch for the last two weeks. Im glad I dont live in the country year round.

SLOlife
08-01-2002, 02:21 PM
I used to use a full bra on my nissan. The only reason for this is because the front bumper had some major paint problems. I figured that $25 is a lot cheaper than repainting the bumper:rolleyes:

siep
08-01-2002, 04:15 PM
To SBC31, can I get the part number for the touch up paint pen that you got from your dealer?

JaycivicSi
08-01-2002, 08:07 PM
dont buy the nose bra. my dad got it, put it on and it looked real bad so he took it off and never put it on again.

My98nsx
08-02-2002, 09:59 AM
I have the moldings on the EP. They come paint-to-match. They are not the hideous things from England. They are the same ones on the Accord coupe and are about 1 1/4 in wide. I don't think they look to bad. They come with a Civic/Accord template and to put them on is easy.
As for the bra, they serve a function. My dad has one for his NSX and one on his '01 M3. He uses them on his trips to Vegas or up to NoCal. Keeps the chips to a minimum. Around town he never uses them. I got one for my car and that too was a snap to put on.

djs

Glix
08-02-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by My98nsx
I have the moldings on the EP. They come paint-to-match. They are not the hideous things from England. They are the same ones on the Accord coupe and are about 1 1/4 in wide. I don't think they look to bad. They come with a Civic/Accord template and to put them on is easy.
As for the bra, they serve a function. My dad has one for his NSX and one on his '01 M3. He uses them on his trips to Vegas or up to NoCal. Keeps the chips to a minimum. Around town he never uses them. I got one for my car and that too was a snap to put on.

djs

Let's see some pics of your side moldings

My98nsx
08-02-2002, 02:18 PM
I will post as soon as my dad brings his stupid digicam from work. in the mean time, check out this white one with the side moldings. http://public.fotki.com/jrt/autos/page2.html
Anyone in the San Gabriel Valley around? Maybe we can hook-up,and show-off our wheels.

djs