PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauage?

SilverEpInDc
01-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey ok im in Ddc and it is very very very cold like it is all over the country (Ya Cali F off with that 50 degree Wheather) But I put a whole brand new tank of gas in and the gas gauage did not shoot up like it usually does honda thinks that its just might be cold or thats what they said by phine anyone have this happen?

CywiththeblkSi
01-16-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm in northern Indiana. I haven't seen this happen when filling up at temps between 0-35 Fahrenheit.

SiRman
01-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Not sure about the setup in our tanks, but sounds like the float is just frozen in a low position. They usually look something like what is in the head of your toilet(but obviously smaller).
The pivot frozen from the cold is all I can think of, or it could be a elec. connection thatb is frozen. How low was your tank before you filled up.

Mugen Power
01-16-2004, 11:55 PM
There were a few times where the gas gauge would get "stuck" about half way or 3/4 of the way and slowly go back up after about 15 minutes of driving. I knew that I got a full tank because of how many gallons I put in and the price that I ended up paying. I took it to the dealer for that "problem" (and for my crunchy tranny) and they told me that's how it is, saying that they got a memo from Honda stating that's how it is. HOWEVER, I forgot to ask them to show it to me because I was too upset over the fact that they thought my tranny was fine when it isn't. So sorry, I just took that dealer's word for the fact that the gauge does that.

SilverEpInDc
01-17-2004, 07:14 AM
that exactly what it does it goes up 3/4 and then slowly goes up to full

priest6479
01-17-2004, 09:36 AM
That happens to me all the time,I have an EP, I had a 02Civic EX and my friend has a 2000 accord and the same thing happens, it just takes awhile to get back up there, dunno why. Once and while the gauge does goes up normally. Seems to be a normal thing with Hondas

Mugen Power
01-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Maybe it's just the newer Hondas because I've driven a lot of pre-2000 Hondas and have never had that problem. I've only seen this happening with the EP so far.