PDA

View Full Version : To CARbon Fiber or NOT!?

midas
01-17-2004, 01:37 AM
i just got my hatch and rear bumber smashed by some fool in san diego who was running late to the gym in his SUV (not that there is anything wrong with that...if you know what i mean ;D) So now to replace the stock hatch and paint it will work out to about the same money as carbon fiber one (actually cf will be cheaper-mo' money in my pocket). so should i go for it??
my concerns are:
fading
quality
road noise or rattles (daily driver)
how it will look (black 2002)
resale value
definitely plan to have my auto body guy shave the rear "H" at least. he says he will clear coat the c.f. hatch again if i want. i plan to go with V.I.S. since i have only heard good things. so what do you guys think? go with pretty much a free mod or play it safe for resale value.i still think KLEEEAAN stock cars maintain their value the most. got to decide soon so let me know what you think.

midas

:D

civicSIracer
01-17-2004, 02:48 AM
my opinion..
carbon fiber hatch looks nice on the outside. ive seen the inside and it looks like complete shit. all ghetto looking and you have to fuck with the hatch to get it to fit right. there is no such thing as a perfect piece of carbon fiber. i would get it replaced and painted. a nice jdm rear with lip could be substituted nicely. and it will fade over time. it will look good for a few years.. maybe

frankdogg
01-17-2004, 09:47 AM
i'd just take off your hatch and put a garage bag over it and call it the black hole or something. :D ok ok ok...just get a new hatch and paint. C-Fiber is koo but i'd keep it clean. And plus it might fade, cause i'd problems with VIS when i had my old EK.

Si Death
01-17-2004, 02:46 PM
cant u just paint over it ocne it starts to fade?

ep3hatchattack
01-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, CF hood is one things, but unless you are ALL SHOW, i would say no go on the cf hatch........ just my 29 cents.....

midas
01-20-2004, 07:37 AM
thanks for the honest advice....decided to go against the cf hatch. but i am still going to shave the "H" off the hatch and get a badgeless grill to keep my original plan of a kleeeeen ep3.
-midas
:)

ps.
told my body guy to take his time becasue i am having so much fun beating on my Mazda 6 rental car.;)

ep3hatchattack
01-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by midas
thanks for the honest advice....decided to go against the cf hatch. but i am still going to shave the "H" off the hatch and get a badgeless grill to keep my original plan of a kleeeeen ep3.
-midas
:)

ps.
told my body guy to take his time becasue i am having so much fun beating on my Mazda 6 rental car.;)

haha, nice, i told my shop the same thing while i go wheeling in the Beastly V8 Dodge...........