PDA

View Full Version : What springs to Get and what are the prices?

SilverEpInDc
01-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Hey guys my girl is buying me springs for v-day and I dont know what I ant I was looking at tein but cant find a price can someone help me! Thanks

Chris

chibianh
01-17-2004, 07:39 AM
awwww.. how romantic.. springs for valentine's day..

anyways, i got some eibach sportlines and love them. The drop is perfect to me.. the car looks 10X better.. and the ride is not very too different from stock.

SilverEpInDc
01-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by chibianh
awwww.. how romantic.. springs for valentine's day..

anyways, i got some eibach sportlines and love them. The drop is perfect to me.. the car looks 10X better.. and the ride is not very too different from stock.
Bout how much?

chibianh
01-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by SilverEpInDc
Bout how much?

I got them used.. 5k miles on them for $65. Showstoppers has them for $190ish.

Civicvtec1ps
01-17-2004, 08:31 AM
www.showstoppersusa.com
139 shipped for tein s tech springs.
What kind springs are you looking for?
SEarch damn it.

EP3inRI
01-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I know there are alot of people on this site with Tein S-Techs, maybe because of the price, but I'd be careful about putting these on my car unless you know a cheap mechanic or wanna do the work yourself, because Tein doesn't make this for the EP3 and it seems to me that there are a lot of people here with a knocking problems from these springs. Showstoppers also sells the Eibach sportlines and pro-kits and Sprint springs all for pretty cheap. But if you are sold on the Teins go here: http://www.showstoppersusa.com/accessories_tein.html

Peking
01-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by EP3inRI
I know there are alot of people on this site with Tein S-Techs, maybe because of the price, but I'd be careful about putting these on my car unless you know a cheap mechanic or wanna do the work yourself, because Tein doesn't make this for the EP3 and it seems to me that there are a lot of people here with a knocking problems from these springs. Showstoppers also sells the Eibach sportlines and pro-kits and Sprint springs all for pretty cheap. But if you are sold on the Teins go here: http://www.showstoppersusa.com/accessories_tein.html

Alot of products are not made for each car. If they fit, they fit. Slap a different part number, or sometimes don't. The knocking problem can be caused by a number of things. To be safe be aware of all of them. And like another member posted, please do a search. Or look around. The info is here.

EP3inRI
01-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Alot of products are not made for each car. If they fit, they fit. Slap a different part number, or sometimes don't.
I understand that too, but the stock spring rate is 248F-440R and the S-tech is 157F-291R giving a lower drop but a "softer" spring rate, because it is not made for our car. It will give you a drop, but with less rebound and more travel (resulting in bumping noises). If you are completely sold on the S-tech, I'd go with the RSX version, 307F-492R. If you do, post how it works out too, because I'm also looking into RSX springs on an EP if I hear enough positive feedback. ShowStoppers sells those for $179.

RockEP_SS**
01-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Yo! Check out our pricing in the Vendor Sales section: All parts on sale: thread. Thanks!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

2003EP3
01-19-2004, 10:13 PM
for the money the ground control coilovers are awesome, it's also made by eibach...look into them, i have them on my car...i have never had a problem with thema nd the handling is great for daily driving and superb for mountain twisties IMO

EP3inRI
01-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 2003EP3
for the money the ground control coilovers are awesome, it's also made by eibach...look into them, i have them on my car...i have never had a problem with thema nd the handling is great for daily driving and superb for mountain twisties IMO
Have you ever had a problem with them falling off the perches or anything? Coilovers scare me because of the extra parts, but then again I haven't heard anything bad about the Ground Controls... I might look into these too becuase most of the drops I've seen are a little lower in back than the front so the adjustability might be nice...

charles
10-11-2010, 01:25 AM
I got eibach. its nice till you get full coilovers

you're six years late

abstract
10-11-2010, 02:22 PM
what are your goals/purpose for springs? aesthetic reasons? performance? that might help with your recommendations

abstract
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
what are your goals/purpose for springs? aesthetic reasons? performance? that might help with your recommendations

Alot of products are not made for each car. If they fit, they fit. Slap a different part number, or sometimes don't..
very true i would never get a product with no r&d on the product installed on the car. Seams like alot of companies justguess on what the best rates are for the car and pack and sell

makavelibranded
10-11-2010, 03:21 PM
IBTL:tehehyper:

JasonMann
10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
What's the spending limit? Go with coilovers if you can get them. Or a spring and shock combo deal. That way the springs won't blow out your stock shocks in a month.

JasonMann
10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Have you ever had a problem with them falling off the perches or anything? Coilovers scare me because of the extra parts, but then again I haven't heard anything bad about the Ground Controls... I might look into these too becuase most of the drops I've seen are a little lower in back than the front so the adjustability might be nice...

If you can install coilovers, you can handle the few extra parts.