PDA

View Full Version : Need help with replacement part

ny-quiL
01-17-2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5S01_B34.gif

I need to replace the bushing cap that goes on the ball that goes into shifter cable mine got beat up when i took my short shifter off :'(
it doesnt have a part number in this picture - ive looked in the service manual and it doesnt list a part number either

if anyone could give me a part number on it or tell me where i could get one it would be greatly appreciated :D

...5$ to whoever finds out first :eek:

SiRman
01-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Try asking your local honda dealer.
Even though the service manual doesn't list a part #, doesn't mean it's not available from Honda.

fsugatorbait
01-17-2004, 03:28 PM
I would almost guarantee that its not sold seperately, it probably comes as part of an assembly. Your best bet is to go into the service dept and talk with one of the guys in there.

ConeCrazy02
01-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Hondaautomotiveparts.com

where I buy all my oem replacement parts.

SiR_d1
01-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02
Hondaautomotiveparts.com

where I buy all my oem replacement parts.

thats obviously where he got his diagram from

Lucid Moments
01-17-2004, 06:30 PM
My local Dealer has told me that if it doesn't have a part # on that diagram they cannot get it as a separate component. Don't know if that is true or not, just what I was told. I'm looking for the retainer that holds the shift cable on to that bushing and have been told that I will have to order the entire cable assembly ($117) to get it. You will probably be told you have to buy the entire shifter assembly.

Best bet is to try junkyards for one. That is what I am going to do.

ConeCrazy02
01-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Thought he scanned it from helms, nvm then. Just trying to help.