esmith13
01-17-2004, 03:43 PM
All right guys and gals...

Dyno Tunning for my ride is complete!

Mods:
Cybernation Stage I Turbo Kit
Thermal Stealth 2.25" CatBack
ES Motor Mount Inserts
other stuff that is irrelivant on a dyno power run ;)

Results:
Max HP: 266.8 :eek:
Max TQ: 215.4 :eek:

Needless to say, i am VERY pleased!! :D :D :D :cool:

Chart has been scanned and posted below for your pleasure.

Dyno Chart (http://65.168.247.56/ephatch/dyno/DynoChart(1-17-04)small.jpg)

The guys over at NGP in Aberdeen, MD ROCK!! Anyone that needs dyno time in there area should check them out!

Eric

andy
01-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Ah, gotta love that torque curve. Suh-weet.

Why'd the dyno sheet "skip" from 6.4k-6.8k? Just curious.

Otherwise, solid. Now get your self an LSD and get some two tire
fire going! ;)

esmith13
01-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks!

The skip was due to how they read engine RPM. The have a lasso clamp sensor that goes around the RMP wire where your spark plugs are. It dosen't cut the factory wire - it just goes around it and senses the signal. Apparently if it moves during a run the signal can be lost. The guy driving for that power run made the car heave a little on the dyno and the connector shook loose for a second and then settled back into place. Without a rpm reading for that breif time WHP could not be computed there and was left blank. That little blank spot earned me that run for free on the dyno and i was short of time to do another (and the car would have been even hotter and likely read lower WHP). Needless to say i was happy enough to not spend time cooling down and doing another.

Eric

k20hatch
01-18-2004, 11:53 AM
That is awsome man!! I sure would like to take a ride in your Si!!!!! Mabey one day i can join ya!

esmith13
01-18-2004, 06:34 PM
Anytime, dude! I would love to see your ride as well!! ;)

I am in MD about once a month to see EPHatchGirl - maybe you could meet with the two of us one weekend for the day... i think that would be about half way for ya, right?

Eric

K-Series
01-19-2004, 06:56 AM
Psssh....your car sucks.

Nice numbers...you bastard!!! ;)

Steve

esmith13
01-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Don't hate. ;)

I KNOW you have a few tricks up YOUR sleeve comming soon... ;)

Eric :angel:

K-Series
01-19-2004, 07:27 AM
To quote some idiot I met at the track once...

"A little bit of this and a little bit of that.."

;)

Steve

EPHatchgirl
01-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by US_Si
Psssh....your car sucks.

Nice numbers...you bastard!!! ;)

Steve

LOL. It was a fun dyno day to say the least. Anytime you can tune your turbo Honda at a VW performance shop is the shizzle in my book.
Congrats punk ass!

esmith13
01-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Awww, thnx gurl. :)

Means alot commin from you. :)

I'm still scared to line up next to ya at a light tho. ;)

Eric

k20hatch
01-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
Anytime, dude! I would love to see your ride as well!! ;)

I am in MD about once a month to see EPHatchGirl - maybe you could meet with the two of us one weekend for the day... i think that would be about half way for ya, right?

Eric

Ya man i would be up for it if i have the time!!! We need to get a meet going and all meet up!! I have yet to go to one...i think im missing out after seeing your car and that dyno chart!! :D

esmith13
01-19-2004, 03:20 PM
I agree... A meet MUST be set up for early spring ;)

Eric

ep_nezay
01-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Nice numbers http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif and the thruth comes out that these kits are not dynoed at 7psi.

Dunrick
01-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Torque at will please?

damn...

esmith13
01-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
Nice numbers http://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif and the thruth comes out that these kits are not dynoed at 7psi.

Who ever said they were?? Steve's 262/209 was at 8psi and he always said so.

Surfsi's was like 245(ish?)/225 and his was at 8psi. - also made pubically known...

Not sure where you heard otherwise...

Eric

ep_nezay
01-20-2004, 05:35 PM
The person knows who he is and Ill leave it at that, dont want to start a childish argument.
Like I said, nice numbers.

esmith13
01-20-2004, 05:43 PM
O.K. - fair enough.

Thanks for the compliment.

Just so it's known I'm not about that misleading bullshit...

I'll tell it how it is - even if I come up short in the end.

For the record then - I'm pushin around 9.5psi right now due to wastegate spring stiffness in the winter time. Max should be 9psi by the spring rating, but freezing cold can raise the bar a little

Eric

FCobra94
01-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
I agree... A meet MUST be set up for early spring ;)

Eric

Definitly! I know I'm in, and a good friend of mine just bought an '02 Si a few days ago so I'm sure he'd be in as well ;)

K-Series
01-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Yup, I've always stated 7.5/8lbs on mine. It's not a digital gauge and it's hard to stare at it pulling 2g's. ;)

Steve

surfsi
01-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Actually I'm pushing about 260something @ 9.5psi, and I also made some adjustments to the s-afc2 being winter and all! Next thing will be the clutch and lsd.
Last night an oo-z28 tried to pull a drive-by and I let him have it and the best part was that I could feel his embarrisment and shame Ha-Ha!

esmith13
01-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Damn dude, how'd you squeeze the extra 20-some HP outta there since Lee tuned it in Fl.?? Congrats regardless, but I want any tricks you can give me! ;) Did you have to sacrifice any of that MONSTER torque to get the extra 20-some HP?? If so - how much??

Eric

2k2SiAutoXer
01-26-2004, 04:33 AM
Eric- can you tell me how you would go about giving up some touque for HP? From what I heard HP is a Product of touque so you cant just give one up for the other un less bore or stroke or rpms is changed.

--Tom

esmith13
01-26-2004, 05:24 AM
Beats me... I just recall him telling me he originally made only 240WHP but made MONSTER torque - somewhere near 240 I believe.

I made a blind assumption that since he originally made less HP but managed to make more torque than any of us that it was "opposingly reletive" or somethin like that.

Gearing, HP vs. TQ, etc are all new subjects to me mathmatically - I'm not very sure how it all works yet. I'm a beginner when it comes to these subjects.

Eric

K-Series
01-26-2004, 05:26 AM
For example. I'm running a 2.25 midpipe and the stock muffler section. The smaller piping is giving me more torque and at the same time reducing hp. If I go to a larger exhaust (2.5 straight) I'll gain HP but see a drop in torque due to now reduced back pressure. (This is how I've always understood it.)

Steve

esmith13
01-26-2004, 05:29 AM
Exactly where my theories came from! The math that proves them is beyond my grasp right now tho.

When thought out logicly excluding mods - It would sound more true to say chnging gearing gives up top speed (for a given gear) for torque by increasing the number of crank revolutions required to make an axel revolution... But the modding principal that Steve pointed out above seems to hold true as well.....

Any experts on the subject around????

Eric

surfsi
01-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Eric, first thing I was running 252whp. and 216tq. @ 8lbs. and now I'm running 9-1/2lbs. and I also set up my s-afc for the winter and I leaned out the high end throttle.

esmith13
01-26-2004, 12:48 PM
ahhhh, my memory is not so good at my ripe old age of 27. ;)

I did not relize you turned up the boost. :)

Eric