PDA

View Full Version : no camber springs

KingGreg86
01-17-2004, 05:54 PM
searched but got mixed retsults, so i want my exact question to get an exact answer. what is the best springs to get to give me a minor drop to help handling, but not so low as to prevent me from enter sharp incline driveways and the such. (**PLZ NO FLAMERZ**)

Civicvtec1ps
01-17-2004, 06:00 PM
There is no exact answer. Everyone has differnt view of best springs for them.YOU have to decide.

EP3inRI
01-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by KingGreg86
searched but got mixed retsults, so i want my exact question to get an exact answer. what is the best springs to get to give me a minor drop to help handling, but not so low as to prevent me from enter sharp incline driveways and the such. (**PLZ NO FLAMERZ**)
The Eibach Pro-kit has a very minor drop, 1 inch in front and 1.1 in the rear, which is almost undetectable by just looking at it. So you won't have a problem with most driveways and speedbumps. The spring rate is progressive so it doesn't screw up your daily drivability, but the more it compresses (around the twisty roads) the tighter it feels. This is also a nice setup because it works well with your stock struts and you don't need a camber kit.

KingGreg86
01-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Just the info i was looking for...TY:D
i guess the PROKIT it is:tongue: :m: :yellm: :confusem: :smilem: :banana:

Peking
01-18-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by EP3inRI
The Eibach Pro-kit has a very minor drop, 1 inch in front and 1.1 in the rear, which is almost undetectable by just looking at it. So you won't have a problem with most driveways and speedbumps.

Undetectable, why spend almost $200 for a drop that you can't even tell?

EP3inRI
01-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Undetectable, why spend almost $200 for a drop that you can't even tell?
you spend the money for the performance, but not to scrape... depending on where you live the pro-kit may or may not be for you, I live in New England and it's great here in the snow and potholes and steep driveways and crowned driveways. In the south, you can afford to go lower. For under $200, you get the handling, but don't have to pay for camber kits, new shocks/struts, pay to have your bumper fixed when you scrape it up, pay to have your exhaust replaced when you rip it off. These are all things, I had to pay for on my last Civic HB with a 2" drop. I had the pro-kit on my del Sol for a year and a half and loved it every day.

Peking
01-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by EP3inRI
you spend the money for the performance, but not to scrape... depending on where you live the pro-kit may or may not be for you, I live in New England and it's great here in the snow and potholes and steep driveways and crowned driveways. In the south, you can afford to go lower. For under $200, you get the handling, but don't have to pay for camber kits, new shocks/struts, pay to have your bumper fixed when you scrape it up, pay to have your exhaust replaced when you rip it off. These are all things, I had to pay for on my last Civic HB with a 2" drop. I had the pro-kit on my del Sol for a year and a half and loved it every day.

I understand that, you can still go to 1.5". Just have to be more careful. You cannot compare apples to oranges (you spend the money for the performance, but not to scrape...). Two different things.

teejoh
01-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro-kit, but I'm biased;) , the drop/OEM ride "IS" worth $200 plus Eibach quality. You can't go wrong.

EP3inRI
01-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Peking
I understand that, you can still go to 1.5". Just have to be more careful. You cannot compare apples to oranges (you spend the money for the performance, but not to scrape...). Two different things.
Maybe I cannot compare apples to oranges, but I can discuss the trade off between a lower drop and the effect it will have on other parts of the vehicle. The original post said: a minor drop to help handling, but not so low... The pro-kit has a minor drop 1-1.1 inch and has a better than stock spring rate to help handling, but not so low. I'm just offering my 2 cents. I'm sure KingGreg86 is open to any other suggestions you may have. Personally, I'm bias too because I want spring that I can sit back and enjoy and not have to constantly worry about being "more careful".

03EP3SiHB
01-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Eibach is the eversagging spring manafacturer!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!;)

BSEVEER
01-19-2004, 11:14 PM
All springs will sag some.