PDA

View Full Version : Sell the ep?

civ02si
01-17-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm thinking of selling the si for a new BMW 330ci or Infinity G35. What do you guys think? How much should I be able to get for it? It's an 02 Black Si with almost 23,000miles. It has mp3 cd player and a box with 4 10" sub, lowerd 1.5" and has black chrome 7 spoke 18's, AEM cai, custom bent catback magnaflow muffler. Whats your opinion?

JR03si
01-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Obviously the 330ci and G35 are nicer cars (in my opinion), so if you can afford to buy either one I would go for it.

I went on to kbb.com (Kelley Blue Book) and the value of your car with an "excellent condition" rating was a little over $14,500. It may change though depending on the zip code you live in and the actual condition of the car...which I am assuming is near perfect. With a "good condition" rating the car is valued at a little over $13,700.
Those are the prices you can expect to receive if you sell to a private party. If you're thinking about trading it in that's a whole different story. You're only going to get what the dealership thinks it's worth and it's definately not going to be what you can get by selling it yourself.
If I were you I would sell it myself and ask between $15,000-$16,000. I would be negotiable on the price too. I'm not sure about where you live, but here in southern Cali that's what an Si, such as yours, is worth.

Good luck.:D

civ02si
01-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks. I live in riverside county(temecula). I guess another question i had is there a market for it it seem like more people don't like it than do.I guess you just have to find the right buyer.

SpoonEP3
01-17-2004, 09:48 PM
it would be around 13,000 to 14,000 because it is not stock....

JR03si
01-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Doh!!
I didn't notice that in your avatar your location is southern California. Well, the pricing I listed should be fairly close to what you should ask if you decide to sell the Si yourself. You may fell it's worth more or less, so do what makes sense for you.
Check out kbb.com and do a search on there with your zip code. By doing this you will get an accurate value for Si.

JR03si
01-17-2004, 10:19 PM
I live in Murrieta (next to Temecula)...small world.

On kbb.com, under private party value, I chose "premium sound" and "premium wheels", which adjusts the price. Obviously, kbb makes their own estimate of what those two upgrades are worth, so you may feel that their private party value is too low or too high. I only gave you one value of a little over $13,700 because this is what kbb valued it at with the upgrades and a "good condition" rating.
Assuming that your car is mechanically and cosmetically perfect your car is worth more than $13,700. With an "excellent condition" rating raising the value to a little over $14,500 I even would consider this value too low. That's why I think that you are better off asking, at the most, $16,000 and then being negotiable with that price.

There is a market for the Si, but it's not huge in the Temecula/Murrieta/Lake Elsinore area. I have noticed more Si's on the road lately, so maybe they are starting to "grow" on people. I wouldn't worry about whether or not you can sell it becuase of the fact that you don't see one the road every single day. The Si is a unique vehicle and it's not for everyone. I'm sure that there is a very small majority of people out there though who are looking for a used Si in our general area. The fact that they can get one like yours with upgrades already on it and low mileage is a good selling point.

Bottom line: You will find the right buyer.

civ02si
01-18-2004, 04:41 AM
Ya i need to find the right buyer. Honestly i want to save my down payment for the new car with help of tax return and sell the car for like 13,000. I live in menifee but didn't say that cause people won't know where the fuck that is. It is a small wrold.

Dunrick
01-18-2004, 11:17 AM
sell it!

styllinep3
01-18-2004, 11:48 PM
kelly blue book trade is: 12 075

private party sale is: 13 885

is went up since the new year yea:D