PDA

View Full Version : scared to go to a meet

KingGreg86
01-17-2004, 09:52 PM
should i be scared to go to a meet b/c i dont know to much technical stuff bout cars and im not a very good conversaationalist:(

Fast02
01-17-2004, 09:58 PM
...or a speller;) ha ha just kidding. Seriously though, you don't have to know a lot to go to a meet. People who do go don't know everything about everything. Some go there to learn-lots of stuff!!:) You don't have to be a good conversationalist to go to one;)

siver-SI
01-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by KingGreg86
should i be scared to go to a meet b/c i dont know to much technical stuff bout cars and im not a very good conversaationalist:(

Go for it. I am a car nut but not a very good conversaationalist and I find out you can have a lot of fun at the meets . The meets are just a good time to get out meet some new people and if you are lucky unlike are meets so far maybe you will have a good looking female driver there. If you do not know much about your cars trust me after you go to a meet you will have learned a lot. Just do not act like you know what you are talking about though because you will not learn crap.

Peking
01-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by KingGreg86

Dude don't worry, it's about making new friends. Not seeing who knows what they are talking about. Just be yourself, and be open to others. Then you should be fine. Ephatch meets are the best meets I have ever been too. Trust me, other places are not the same. Not even close. There is just something special about EP folks :D

DarkHatch
01-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Dude don't worry, it's about making new friends. Not seeing who knows what they are talking about. Just be yourself, and be open to others. Then you should be fine. Ephatch meets are the best meets I have ever been too. Trust me, other places are not the same. Not even close. There is just something special about EP folks :D

Word;)

k20hatch
01-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah man...just go...have fun...check out other cars...make friends...Mabey you will learn some things at the meet you didnt kno b4!!

Peking
01-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Yeah man...just go...have fun...check out other cars...make friends...Mabey you will learn some things at the meet you didnt kno b4!!

I do (learn from others), also it is good to see folks face to face.

Civicvtec1ps
01-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Nothing wrong with going car meets.
Go for it.

rs_1101
01-17-2004, 10:40 PM
yea.. all u can do is learn shit. thats not bad

civicracer1128
01-18-2004, 12:20 AM
ok, one thing ive noticed about meets...everybody is really nice. now you might be intimidated because it seems everybody knows everybody but you....but the truth is that we are at the meet cause we saw a thread here. we all spend far too much time on the computer and face it...we're kinda nerdy. when you feel like the outsider just think about how everybody else must have felt the first time they got pushed in a locker/laughed at at lunch/got an erection during the pledge of aligence(spelling)....ect.etc.etc. my point is that ive noticed that lot of ep pleople are really normal and more than happy to help out a new member anytime they can. trust me i know i am. go for it. i went and i met some cool people. hope you have a good time.

SiRman
01-18-2004, 02:39 AM
Meets are all about sharing good times and knowledge about our cars.
You'll meet some cool people, have some good times, and learn more about cars. Go for it man.

mental
01-18-2004, 03:16 AM
ahh man its cool just go to a meet... i dont know shit about cars either... and i go to all kinds of meets... i mean i couldnt tell you the difference bettween a 4g63 or a b18c5m, or even why audi uses a k04 on thier S4's v6, or even what a blow off valve does... i mean they just make a cool sound right... lol... plus ot make matters worse i failed speech in high school so i am not to good at conversations either...

VividDreams
01-18-2004, 08:07 AM
Ephatch meets are the best meets I have ever been too. Trust me, other places are not the same. Not even close. There is just something special about EP folks :D

Peking, ever been to a 7thGenCivic.com Meet?as a matter of fact, this goes out to everyone on here. Ive been to a few 7thGen meets with my 01 coupe, and one meet since i have my EP(that was a EPHatch/clubcivic meet, i was the only one reppin 7thGen)the Ep'ers seem to be pretty much the same as the 7thGen'ers

definitly go to a meet. even for people that have been to a few meets, sometimes its still a little awkward.

siver-SI
01-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by VividDreams
Peking, ever been to a 7thGenCivic.com Meet?as a matter of fact, this goes out to everyone on here. Ive been to a few 7thGen meets with my 01 coupe, and one meet since i have my EP(that was a EPHatch/clubcivic meet, i was the only one reppin 7thGen)the Ep'ers seem to be pretty much the same as the 7thGen'ers

definitly go to a meet. even for people that have been to a few meets, sometimes its still a little awkward.

It can be a little awkward but it is worth it. Once I got use to the EP guys there was a 7th gen meet and I went to that and at first it was a little awkward but it got to be all good. Now I just saw a meet in WI in March that I am going to try and go to and I think there are only going to be a few people that I know there but I think it will be fun.

EPHatchgirl
01-18-2004, 08:18 AM
The first meet I went to, I didn't know who would be asking what, or how everyone would get along... it's funny how much you have in common with someone else who loves the mini mini van as you do.

VividDreams
01-18-2004, 09:20 AM
or as i like to call it, the "micro-van"

Peking
01-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by VividDreams

Yeah I have, it was supposed to be a huge meet at a Paint shop. Three sited involved-7thGenCivic.com, Clubsi.com, and I pulled in ephatch. Clubsi didn't show, I was the only ep. Everyone just stood by themselves, every so often they would walk around and look at the rides. Very uncomfortable. I even walked around trying to start some sort of something. Mybe where you are it is different.

siver-SI
01-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah I have, it was supposed to be a huge meet at a Paint shop. Three sited involved-7thGenCivic.com, Clubsi.com, and I pulled in ephatch. Clubsi didn't show, I was the only ep. Everyone just stood by themselves, every so often they would walk around and look at the rides. Very uncomfortable. I even walked around trying to start some sort of something. Mybe where you are it is different.

I have noticed that some 7th gen do not think the EP is a 7th Gen car since it is not made on the same platform as their Civics. For me I just try and mingal but it is a little hard some times. When I was looking at some of the the other Civics it gave me some ideas for my car. So even it you do not make friends at least you can get some ideas of what might look good on your EP.