PDA

View Full Version : another injen review

jaepoori
01-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Well me and my dad installed my injen cai from nopi ($150) last night. Let me tell you how much i friggin LOVE this new intake with an addition to my magnaflow.
Install:
Took us about 3 hours to install the intake. You gotta take off all stock parts of the airbox and relocate the fuse box which isnt a biggie. We shoved the intake through the hole without cutting it. Just gotta shove nice and easy to make it go through. Now the "secondary short stub 3/4 inch hose"...where and how the hell do you take this off? We loosened everything but didnt work so we just bought some parts from auto zone to connect the the hoses together. We cut the 9inch hose like 1.5-2 inches so it wouldnt bend and used the clamps. Fit nice. The Bumper was a bitch too, i still havent put in my clips on the bottom cause the holes wont align, even though with all the pushing it wont align. OH well, later on we shall put the clips back on...Overall it wasnt hard, just a bit of elbow grease.

Results:
OH MY, gotta love the sound. I basically wasted prolly a quarter tank (no lie) of gas just revving my car and stepping on it just to hear the intake scream. THe intake only screams when you do full throttle and at like after 4700 rpms? not sure. I felt such a power increase for some reason. Some of you guys said that it was a little difference but for me i can feel it. Maybe its due to the magnaflow and freeing up more air flow, i dunno. I recommend people to buy this type of product, either a injen or aem cai, they are basically the same shit anyways.

MAY I SAY THIS IS PIMP. :)

Cost: 10 (nopi.com)
Performance: 9
Install: 9
Hearing the sucking of the intake: rateless
Hearing it scream at 6000 rpms: rateless

Chinaboy
01-18-2004, 09:29 PM
You should go back to cut the hole in the side of the fenderwall asap, or you might have to spend another 150 to buy another one. Not cutting the hole is a stupid mistake that might lead to premature rubbing and creating a hole in your intake. People on K-series.com can confirm that with you. The 9in. 3/4 pastic pipe is the one that connects to the biggest male connector on the intake itself. That is I believe the air hose. But im not gonna lie, your description of the installation does not sound very safe to me. Did you follow the instructions in packet? But I guess if everything connected fine then its cool.

RacingCivicSi02
01-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Yea you gonna want to go back and cut that hole bigger. it gonna cut through your intake.

fkagti
01-19-2004, 05:07 PM
gotta love injen!

PAPITUYO326
01-23-2004, 04:59 PM
cut the hole!!!!! or at least make it bigger by bending the metal...

GEMINI
01-24-2004, 01:03 PM
You can make the hole bigger or wrap the intake with tape,rubber,etc. to avoid any metal contact with the intake, I just used a thick rubber band on the cai of my coupe. Still gotta get one for the ep.

Chinaboy
01-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by GEMINI
You can make the hole bigger or wrap the intake with tape,rubber,etc. to avoid any metal contact with the intake, I just used a thick rubber band on the cai of my coupe. Still gotta get one for the ep.

a good alternative for the lazy, but still a bad idea. Rubber will in the end crack, get cut through etc... you should do that as a backup for only a short time, STILL CUT THE HOLE... its your car, do yourself a favor and do it right.

GEMINI
01-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
a good alternative for the lazy, but still a bad idea. Rubber will in the end crack, get cut through etc... you should do that as a backup for only a short time, STILL CUT THE HOLE... its your car, do yourself a favor and do it right.

Yeah that's the lazy way, but effective so it's not a bad idea if you do it right! I've had it that way for over two years and the rubber is still strong, I guess everyone has their methods.

SpOoGeNhAtCh
01-29-2004, 08:34 PM
what about using silicone Composite..i heard that was pretty G-unit..can you guys think of any other besides that and a fat peice of hardend foam>

djsolution
02-01-2004, 01:32 PM
jaepoori, you say you got that injen cai from nopi.com for 150? I checked out the site and it's well over 200! When did you order it? I plan on buying this intake, but I would love to get it for 150. Oh, and spoogenhatch, did you just say that silicone composite was "G-unit"? You need to lay off the Mtv dog :D

PAPITUYO326
02-01-2004, 01:36 PM
yeah 150 is def a good price...i got mine for 220.....still worth every penny