PDA

View Full Version : Front plate.

hacim
09-24-2002, 10:15 AM
How many of you out there have a plate on the fron of your car. I didnt put that on the front of my car, it takes away from it. Just a question I thought I would ask everyone. It looks much better without the plate on the front.

SBC31
09-24-2002, 10:17 AM
Well that's a personal opinion. I have mine on, and I prefer it on. Not to mention that where I live we have to have a front plate.

Again, this is just personal opinion.

hacim
09-24-2002, 11:28 AM
I am supost to have it on to according to the state law but I dont and you are right its an opinon.

grooveline
09-24-2002, 11:30 AM
Hacim.... we gots to hang out. You know ganja? I know ganja!

hacim
09-24-2002, 11:31 AM
You are the only one that read that. I am not to sure about posting my personal buisness on here but we could kick it. If you are ever in Colorado at any time.

fASTBACK
09-24-2002, 11:32 AM
i dont have mine either. It just makes it look ugly. I've got a ticket for it before but it got dismissed. Its a bullshit ticket when cops cant find anything else on your car.

esmith13
09-24-2002, 11:34 AM
I left mine off... It takes away from the shape IMO.

...Of course, were not required by law in Pa to have one, either....

LazyAzzAzian
09-24-2002, 12:26 PM
i think the front license plate looks nasty, do you think its possible to get a Si from the dealer without the front license plate drilled in? if its possible it would save me the time of having to buy those plugs to cover up the holes in the bumper

silver ep
09-24-2002, 12:32 PM
I have mine on. Gotta keep it legal, theres mad cops where I live :mad:

hacim
09-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Well lazy if you had an Si you would know that the holes are not drilled into the bumper. They are actualy drilled under the bumper so you cant see any holes. Go look at the one at the dealership that you want to buy and see for your self.

civic hatch boi
09-24-2002, 02:38 PM
geez u guys are mean..
well yeah lazy.. no holes on the bumper...
i wish there was tho.. so that i could put the plates right on the bumper.. i think that would look beter.. that big plate holder is whack

IceD out N CALI
09-24-2002, 02:48 PM
No plate here. I tried it both ways and it looks better without the plate.

ortedd
09-24-2002, 03:03 PM
I took mine off the first day that i had the car.

fishboy
09-24-2002, 03:19 PM
off, looks better, now i think i lost my front plate, sweet.

hacim
09-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Without the plate it looks like the car is grinnin at you, dont you think?

IceD out N CALI
09-24-2002, 04:01 PM
how so?

hacim
09-24-2002, 04:03 PM
The lip of the bumper. It also says this on the Si brochure at your Honda dealer. It shows a picture of the Si from the fron and says " what are you grinin at".

grooveline
09-24-2002, 04:21 PM
Can t we post our plates in the lower right portion of the windsheild? I've seen a few rides with this set up.

fASTBACK
09-24-2002, 04:54 PM
NOPE. Law states that we have to have the plates secured on the front bumper. i took mine off and got a ticket one night the cops busted everybody. I taped it to my bumper and took a pic. of it then showed it to the judge to get dismissed. Theres no plates now though.

iHeartOxycotin
09-24-2002, 04:57 PM
if your required to rock your plate on the front, then yeh i suggest you put it in the right hand corner of the window (if you even want to display it at all) i did this in my GTI and here in NJ you a required to wear your front plate and did the above tactic, i never was pulled over for it.... but then again now on my SI i dont have a front plate display at all. I'm moving to PA soon enough so i wont have to bother either way :D

PS. Fishboy said it best! :p

ortedd
09-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Some one Stole mine? I am not sure occiffer it was there the other day. . . . .

fASTBACK
09-24-2002, 06:51 PM
No officer? Its still there. (get out of the car to look) What happend! I guess it fell off.

LazyAzzAzian
09-24-2002, 07:49 PM
damn hacim, i dont know what your problem is man, you must be a big man talking all that shit on the forum, grooveline let that shit go in the other thread, but i guess you cant...grow up man, i wasnt even talking to you to begin with, but i guess you still have to talk shit because you misunderstood my post, whats wrong with letting it go? keeping talking all that stuff about me not having an Si, but what are you going to come up with when i do?

hacim
09-25-2002, 07:20 AM
I will come up with a congrats on the new car man.

LazyAzzAzian
09-25-2002, 03:03 PM
ill be expecting that congrats when i do get one, but anyways im gonna drop this shit talking to each other, its gay anyways, sorry if you misunderstood my post, ill try to make them more clear next time

hacim
09-25-2002, 03:16 PM
I am sorry for being a smart ass. I really cant help it its just my nature. Good luck on getting the Si anyway, hope you get one soon, they are really cheep right now for an 02.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

2K2SilverSi
09-26-2002, 01:45 AM
I took my front licence plate holder off before I test drove the car the second time. (The dealer was cool and my parents had done buisness with him before when they bought their S2000 and I was there to buy the car anyways) :p

SiBoy
09-26-2002, 07:08 PM
I got my SI for 15k w/o tax

MugenR
09-27-2002, 09:57 PM
I just took my front plate off when I installed my JDM "H". I also rmoved the Si logo out of the corner of the grill. I think it changes the whole look of the car. I just hope that the cops dont see it. Around here we have to have a front plate.

But its worth the risk, it just looks to good with out it.
I will take some pics tomarrow if I can and put them up here so you guys can see.
Drew

toe knee
10-05-2002, 08:49 PM
i also have my license plate off. i just looks cleaner without one. down here in houston you have to have it up front. meaning the on the bumper. you can not put it inside your car where your windshield is at. you'll get a ticket right a way. its better to not have one at all because it is less noticable to the cops.

SiBoy
10-05-2002, 09:05 PM
After 10 mins of having the car, i took off the plate.

BarracksSi
12-21-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm keeping the front plate, mainly because I don't need to waste my time dealing with cops & tickets (even if I can get tickets dismissed).

But, I'm trying to come up with a way to securely mount the plate below the nose, in front of the lower grill opening. I might just get some metal pieces, bend them to fit, and bolt the plate that way. It would end up roughly similar to the lower mounts on my '86 hatch.

Silvershadow, did you ever take pics of the finished product of the process you described way back when in another thread?

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4411

fyzm7357
12-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Took my front plate off after a few weeks of having my car....looks a lot cleaner......hopefully I don't get pulled over for it.....front plate is required in Iowa...

SmoothOperator
12-22-2002, 02:54 PM
I can't believe this thread has made it to 3 pages! lol
I had my front plate on, but it got ripped off by a mountain biker that clipped the front end of my car.... since then, I've left it off. Looks so much better!!

Look it really is smiling!!
http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphotos/2002/December/10/stamp_original/1210200212495686.jpg

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-22-2002, 03:07 PM
you are so going to get busted SmoothOperator!! I took my plate of the other day then some young upstart cop pulls me over
officer "you know you the front plate is missing right?"
me "yes officer some idiot backed up and ripped it off"
officer "you know its illegal to drive with out right?"
me "yes sir, i'm getting it fixed soon"
so he gave me a warning to get it fixed and i then had to go to the station to prove it was back on or it would be $110Cdn

I HATE COPS!!

SmoothOperator
12-22-2002, 03:30 PM
I had the front plate off on my last car too (EG). And only got pulled over for it once (warning). London's great for that...the cops don't harrass the car enthusiasts at all. Mostly because there isn't any organized street racing going on. And that's due to having the St. Thomas speedway close by. But I realize Toronto is another story. Whenever I make a trip anywhere out of town, I put it back on....that is of course...till I get back home :D

AkronSi
12-23-2002, 07:47 AM
I took mine off within the first month. It is supposed to be on, but I started checking out other cars and quite a few don't have front plates. I haven't been harassed even when I got rear ended, the cop just admired my car.

Plus, it just looks better without it!

BarracksSi
12-24-2002, 10:06 AM
I know, I would love to take it off, but I don't want to waste any more time than necessary dealing with legal issues.

I'll work on some options while I'm home for the holidays.

modern-perf
01-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Here's what I did about my front plate ;)

http://www.modern-performance.com/images/swap16.jpg