PDA

View Full Version : Price of Hondata

ConeCrazy02
01-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Just wondering how much you guy paid for your hondata (new).

Peking
01-18-2004, 01:46 PM
$595 http://www.hondata.com/

ConeCrazy02
01-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Listed $995 retailed price on hondata I think, correct me if I am wrong.

DavidT
01-18-2004, 05:55 PM
$995 is for the user-programmable setup. $595 is the standard reflash for the EP3. I paid $644 total, $595 plus gay California tax. $595 is the standard reflash on any K-series powered vehicle.

ConeCrazy02
01-18-2004, 06:18 PM
PYR in Houston charge 995 :( .

denmah
01-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02

clubrsx.com charges 595... you can buy the reflash anywhere, your ecu still goes to the same place.

andy
01-18-2004, 10:00 PM
There are slightly better deals on it elsewhere, you just have
to shop around. One of our newest sponsors who has a banner and
works in a lab (hint hint), has a good deal on it. Call/email them.

Zero Three Si
01-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Anybody know who I can sleep with at Hondata to get it for free?

Peking
01-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by andy
There are slightly better deals on it elsewhere, you just have
to shop around. One of our newest sponsors who has a banner and
works in a lab (hint hint), has a good deal on it. Call/email them.

He charges the same, 595.

Alamo Autosports Arlington TX (817) 860-4300 email map web
Autologic Inc. Houston TX (713) 516-2081 email - web
Kindle Racing Austin TX (512) 913-RSXS email - web - -
Jotech Motorsports Garland TX (972) 278-9744 email - -
PYR Racing Houston TX (832) 328-1780 email map web
Intercrew Richardson TX (214) 575-6288 email map web

These folks should charge you 595. Kindle racing who is the newest member is the only one who sends the ecu back to hondata. The others can do the flash in shop

Peking
01-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ConeCrazy02

Don't get it from them.

Zero Three Si
01-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Is there any where in the Chicagoland area that can re-flash the ECU?

SiR_d1
01-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Is there any where in the Chicagoland area that can re-flash the ECU?

Or in Texas?

In Canada it costs well over $1200CND to get Hondata so I would rather bring my ECU with me to Houston and get it done and save me some loot

DavidT
01-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Peking

These folks should charge you 595. Kindle racing who is the newest member is the only one who sends the ecu back to hondata. The others can do the flash in shop

Are you sure they can do the reflash in their shop? I thought all dealers had to send the ECUs straight to Hondata for the reflash? I'll check with Hondata ;)

ConeCrazy02
01-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Lol, send it to jkindle and get it done.

Vertigo
01-19-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by DavidT
Are you sure they can do the reflash in their shop? I thought all dealers had to send the ECUs straight to Hondata for the reflash? I'll check with Hondata ;)
That's what i thought also. You just have to give your $$$ to the dealer. Then they ship it to Hondata for the flash.

fsugatorbait
01-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Guys, all vendors who sell the flash have to send it to hondata to be reprogrammed, they are the only ones with the tools needed for it to be done. When I got mine, I paid $550 and went through VSV performance in Texas, I live in CT. Just call up whatever vendor your going through, place your order, than you send your ecu, key, immobilizer, and a print out from hondata's website with all your info on it directly to hondata. I mailed mine out monday morning and had it back in my hands wednesday night.

Peking
01-19-2004, 09:22 AM

That is what I thought too untill I read a post from you a while back. Thought you said that you took her in that day, then drove home. Also it has this chart that shows...
http://www.hondata.com/contact.html
Tuner Reseller Flash Upgrade

That along with what I thought you said gave me that idea, sorry.

andy
01-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Peking, I think there are a select few Hondata dealers that have the
reflash capability. But I think 99% of them get shipped to Hondata
out in CA.

As for me, I bit the bullet just now and ordered the reflash. Got to
sell that laptop I just bought of eBay now, too. ;) I should be
shipping it out Wednesday, so hopefully I'll be posting on Friday
about how bad ass it is. :)

fsugatorbait
01-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Good to hear Andy, you wont be dissapointed! :)

Peking
01-19-2004, 03:55 PM
That is what I thought too untill I read a post from you a while back. Thought you said that you took her in that day, then drove home. Also it has this chart that shows...
http://www.hondata.com/contact.html
Tuner Reseller Flash Upgrade

That along with what I thought you said gave me that idea, sorry.

Ok dudes, after calling ClubRSX several times trying to get my Hondata order in I gave up. I kept getting an answering machine only. So I decided to drive down to Torrance and get the reflash because I WANT IT! It was an eight hour drive one way to Torrance but WELL WORTH THE TRIP. I started driving 10 pm last night and got there around 6 am. I had arranged to meet with Kevin from Prizm Performance in Torrance also, they are an AWESOME shop with lots of RSX and EP stuff. Since Hondata only deals with dealers I had to go through Prizm Performance to get my reflash. The reflash took 30 minutes and I was on my way home.

Made it seem like you did it all in one day. Also like I said before, the chart shows that the majority of the Shops tune. So I guessed that is how it goes. ClubRsx, along with a few others do not have that checked off. So it seems logical to assume that they send theirs in. I don't know, and I haven't called. Just going off of what I thought. Really no big deal, just trying to get things clear :D

andy
01-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Made it seem like you did it all in one day. Also like I said before, the chart shows that the majority of the Shops tune. So I guessed that is how it goes. ClubRsx, along with a few others do not have that checked off. So it seems logical to assume that they send theirs in. I don't know, and I haven't called. Just going off of what I thought. Really no big deal, just trying to get things clear :D

Yeah, I was wrong in what I said, I guess they do all go to Hondata.
I thought there were a couple who could do it, but maybe that was
just rumor. Anyway, I'm now on the waiting list, what do I care? ;)

Peking
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok dudes, after calling ClubRSX several times trying to get my Hondata order in I gave up. I kept getting an answering machine only. So I decided to drive down to Torrance and get the reflash because I WANT IT! It was an eight hour drive one way to Torrance but WELL WORTH THE TRIP. I started driving 10 pm last night and got there around 6 am. I had arranged to meet with Kevin from Prizm Performance in Torrance also, they are an AWESOME shop with lots of RSX and EP stuff. Since Hondata only deals with dealers I had to go through Prizm Performance to get my reflash. The reflash took 30 minutes and I was on my way home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So David T. did they flash it in shop?

Payntech
01-19-2004, 04:54 PM
All dealers have to go through Hondata.

Some dealers will work deals with shipping, like not charging shipping back. They will also give some discount on the flash.

Thanks,

DavidT
01-19-2004, 10:44 PM
[i]Originally posted by Peking
So David T. did they flash it in shop?

Oh my bad guess I'm retarded and left out some details :D I drove my car down to Prizm Performance who is just right around the corner from Hondata. Prizm drives my car over to Hondata's shop and Hondata reflashes it, then they drive it back and it's all done :p Hondata reflash can only be done by Hondata and no shops can do it. So yeah, if you can drive down to Torrance it's a one day deal. Otherwise everywhere else you gotta send it in to Hondata in Torrance, Ca.

Peking
01-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh my bad guess I'm retarded and left out some details :D I drove my car down to Prizm Performance who is just right around the corner from Hondata. Prizm drives my car over to Hondata's shop and Hondata reflashes it, then they drive it back and it's all done :p Hondata reflash can only be done by Hondata and no shops can do it. So yeah, if you can drive down to Torrance it's a one day deal. Otherwise everywhere else you gotta send it in to Hondata in Torrance, Ca.

Oh, thanks. That clears up any of my confusion :D

batboy02si
01-22-2004, 06:25 PM
I WANT IT!! but i'm in massachussetts. what can i do

anjapower
01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
i have hondata and I'm in mass. You call up a dealer..buy it from them. they ship you an empty box, and you pack in your key, immobilizer and ecu and ship it to hondata. hondata ships it back. simple as that.

andy
01-22-2004, 07:38 PM
fsu/anja/others with hondata:
On the return trip, which was FedEx I think, did you guys get an
email with a tracking number or anything? Also, what time did it
arrive at your house. I can't wait to get it put back in tomorrow...plus
I have the MIL eliminator, so I'll be posting big updates on both.

fsugatorbait
01-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Andy,
I didnt get any type of notification from fedex or Hondata. It didnt get delivered till around 5pm. Very interested to see how the sim works for ya, be sure to let us know how you like both.
Phil

andy
01-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Andy,
I didnt get any type of notification from fedex or Hondata. It didnt get delivered till around 5pm. Very interested to see how the sim works for ya, be sure to let us know how you like both.
Phil

Will definitely do...after about 30 mins of spirited driving. :)
Time for sleep... :confused: :eek: :yellm: :yellm: :yellm: :p

2k2_nbp_egg
01-23-2004, 01:33 AM
The main thing I noticed was just overall more tq, especially midrange and downlow. The ass dyno noticed it for sure, and man this is gonna help alot for autocrossing. Finishing the quarter in third was hella nice...and w/ only a short ram I trapped at 89. I think after this I'd maybe get a midpipe....or a used full exhaust, but as it is right now I'd definitely say that it compares to an i/h/e EP.

I got mine for 595 from JDKindle. I'd have to say that out of most of the hondata dealers right now you won't find a cheaper one, esp in texas. Free shipping and loaner rsx-s ecu (that was fun!!!) so your car isn't down...sounds like the win to me. Thanks for the bushings as well J ;)