PDA

View Full Version : engine squeels like a pig

321 GO
01-18-2004, 02:09 PM
does anyone know why my engine could be making squeeling or sqeeking noises? i sprayed some belt dressing in there because i thought it was just a belt or something but it didn't seem to help. the fact that the car has less than 9k miles on it is a bit of a concern. i would take it in to the dealer but i work during the day and they said i have to bring it in the morning, so i thought i would ask here before i take a day off. not sure if this matters but....the car pretty much sat for 4 1/2 months straight. was only started maybe 1 or 2 times in between. i didn't notice it before then. any input would be greatly appreciated.

ep pilot
01-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Dude, I know what your talking about. My car does the same thing, it gets even louder if you have the A/C on right? I have found by letting my car run and lifting it in the air via a car lift. I can hear and see it coming from the exhaust manifold and collector assy. If I take a stick and hold it against the assy while it's running the squealing goes away.

-Ryan

DavidT
01-18-2004, 07:12 PM
ep pilot did you check to see if it's rubbing a heatshield anywhere? Cause usually heatshields make that high pitch squealing kind of noise.

321 Go, your car has 9k on it...bring it to the dealer :D Don't do anything to it, just bring it to the dealer because if you start messing with it too much they're gonna say you messed it up and they won't care about you. It's probably your belt is alittle loose, or something metallic is rubbing somewhere.

321 GO
01-27-2004, 01:28 PM
i still haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet...ep pilot- do you just ride around with it sqeeling like that or did you find a way to fix it? im gonna lift it up this weekend cuz its really starting to get annoying. if i have aftermarket i/h/e could one of these be the cause?