PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed Short Shifter write up

icegrill
01-18-2004, 04:51 PM
I installed the neuspeed ss today it took about an hour and half. The worst part of the installation is pulling the shift boot trim off. I managed to get it off with only a small blemish to the silver. I first tried Honda's method of pushing it from the back with a 10" extension that was some bullshit.:mad:

I paid $80 shipped for it, it's fit and finsh is perfect. Shifts are accurate and precise. Overall good $80 mod.

Only concern:Will the screws loosen over time? I thought about putting some loctite on but figured the instructions would have said to? Other's thoughts would be appreciated.

denmah
01-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
I installed the neuspeed ss today it took about an hour and half. The worst part of the installation is pulling the shift boot trim off. I managed to get it off with only a small blemish to the silver. I first tried Honda's method of pushing it from the back with a 10" extension that was some bullshit.:mad:

I paid $80 shipped for it, it's fit and finsh is perfect. Shifts are accurate and precise. Overall good $80 mod.

Only concern:Will the screws loosen over time? I thought about putting some loctite on but figured the instructions would have said to? Other's thoughts would be appreciated.

hour and a half? not makin fun of your or anything but why so long?

took me 10 min at midnight after 14 hours of work.

trk
01-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by denmah
hour and a half? not makin fun of your or anything but why so long?

took me 10 min at midnight after 14 hours of work.

Well, golly gee whiz, thats so cool of you.

Taking the plastic thing off proved to be difficult on my car as well.

2.0L Monster
01-18-2004, 07:16 PM
You need paitience with honda's method, but it can be done. Hardest part was getting the first part loose, after that it was easy.

denmah
01-18-2004, 07:20 PM
all you do is unscrew the knob and pull on the rubber and everything pops right off.

2.0L Monster
01-18-2004, 07:26 PM
I have the JDM boot so its not the easy for me. :'(

icegrill
01-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by denmah
all you do is unscrew the knob and pull on the rubber and everything pops right off.

Damn man, you must be some type of professional mechanic or somthing? I like to spend the time and make sure everything is done correctly.

trk
01-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Are you guys saying you removed the boot?

I simply jammed my fingers in there (theres a visual, lol) and went from underneath with the boot still attached... the hard part was the upper right hand corner of the silver dash.. it would NOT come off and only slightly flexed. Once I popped that corner it just came free.

Civicvtec1ps
01-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Taking shifter console is so easy.
2 Minutes max. Not even 2 mintues probably.
I would like to get short shifter also but obx or some company need to make replicas for cheaper price. I defintly dont want to pay that much for neuspeed.

denmah
01-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
Damn man, you must be some type of professional mechanic or somthing? I like to spend the time and make sure everything is done correctly. lol it took me 5 min to get the neuspeed in and like 8 to get my mounts in, lmao. every damn thing that could go wrong did.