PDA

View Full Version : Hks Turbo Info

!@#$%
09-24-2002, 10:43 AM
i know all of u will like this:

TURRRRRBO (http://www.hksusa.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1514&FORUM_ID=1&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=Product+News+from+NOPI&Forum_Title=Product+Introductions)

kit produced over 270 hp.....that is all

the only bad thing is the wait for it. :(

!@#$%
09-24-2002, 10:45 AM
HKS solves the returnless fuel system problem by making the fuel system returnable. who would have thought..:p

esmith13
09-24-2002, 10:46 AM
SHIT YEAH!!!!!!

It's time to go *HeLLa Fast* !!!!!

Whoooo-Hooooo!!!! :D :D :D

Can any1 spare some money?? I have some spending to do..... :D

hacim
09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
I have been waiting for FI and its coming, finaly and thank god.

NamingException
09-24-2002, 11:07 AM
This is great, but you need to upgrade your fuel system yourself to give it a return, you don't get a solution to this problem with the turbo kit. I don't know how involved this is, but we're talking about additional cost.

How much of the fuel system do you have to swap out to turn it into a returnable system? How much would it cost me to do so?

esmith13
09-24-2002, 11:09 AM
too much for you to afford so why don't you just give me all the money you have and I'll add to that and I'll hook up my car instead... Ok?... Sounds good to me... Thanks in advance.. I'll tell you where to send your money too soon... j/k :D

ssvr6
09-24-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm not going through all of that trouble just for FI. I'll be a baby and just hit the "bottle".

Steve

2sloSi
09-24-2002, 12:38 PM
It sounds like they will be offering a return fuel system upgrade, but it's not offered in the kit!

Whooopasss
09-24-2002, 03:48 PM
wonder how much it would be for the turbo kit??

2sloSi
09-24-2002, 07:15 PM
if i had to take a guess i'd say over 3grand!

X 2KS2K
09-24-2002, 07:18 PM
i'd guess 5k with all of the extra electronics... man i want one sooo bad!

2sloSi
09-24-2002, 07:25 PM
yea 5k for everything,

i meant over 3k for just the kit!

SpeedRacer
09-24-2002, 07:38 PM
is it really worth 5 g's wouldn't you rather just builld your motor? it might not be as fast but atleast it will be N/A

02blksi
09-25-2002, 09:32 AM
nice numbers! im sure that they were prolly low boost numbers as well...cant wait to see what higher boost levels, get! im telling you this k series platform is going to rock!:cool: --joe

2sloSi
09-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
nice numbers! im sure that they were prolly low boost numbers as well...cant wait to see what higher boost levels, get! im telling you this k series platform is going to rock!:cool: --joe

I was thinking the same thing, about the boost level. If they got 270 hp at the wheels though, it can't be to low of a boost level!

B18CXr
09-26-2002, 07:29 AM
[I]with an upgraded (return) fuel system (not included in the kit). I]

this does not sound good.... FMU suck donkey ass.

do the fuel correct the first time, electronic fuel enrichment is the key.

Hondatech
09-26-2002, 06:16 PM
do the fuel correct the first time, electronic fuel enrichment is the key.

Indeed. I'd like to see GReddy's kit for the EP when it comes out. Their trend of using bigger injectors and the piggyback E-manage fuel system in their newer kits is ideal for fuel control on a budget. FMax should also have a decent kit, with their additional injectors and controllers. Fuel pressure manipulation isn't a very viable idea on our cars.

JoshSI
09-27-2002, 01:56 PM
Can someone explain to me the problem with our fuel system? And why we need to change ot a returnable? and what is a returnable?

Thanks

BlasTech
09-27-2002, 02:38 PM
JoshSI, here's an article that does a good job:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0209ht_family/

Scroll down to the heading Nitrous Oxide and Forced Induction on that page.

twill
09-28-2002, 02:07 PM
From what I understand, many engines (including B-series engines) used to use both a fuel feed and a return line to the fuel rail. When boost was applied, you would increase the amount of fuel being added by increasing the fuel pressure in the rail using a boost dependent fuel pressure regulator. Increased fuel pressure means that more fuel will be squirted out by the injectors. More boost, more fuel.

But now, the fuel system on our cars has the return line integrated into the in-tank fuel pump unit, making it impossible to use a simple fuel pressure regulator to increase fuel pressure in the rail.

Anyone know if additional fuel injectors would be difficult to use? It would seem like a much easier solution to add additional injectors and an additional injector controller (AIC) to provide extra fuel during boost conditions.