PDA

View Full Version : for the $$ ??

batboy02si
01-19-2004, 09:38 AM
tien basic coil overs, or eibach sportslines w/ shocks without modifying, then dc titanium upper strut? this is a daily driver and with the tiens i'm a mechanical retard so i wouldn't be playing around with the settings, ( at first, until i get alittle more savy). i live in mass where its sun, rain, snow, salt. it's tax money so i just wanna get the best setup for the money. i don't autocross or drag but i do love whipping it around. so i though i'd ask for so help, thanks

Civicvtec1ps
01-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Tein basic fullcoilovers.
Koni yellow sucks imo.

andy
01-19-2004, 02:49 PM
you'd have to be the bastard inbred son of a mechanical retard to not
adjust the tein basic's. ;) they are only height adjustable, for one,
and require very little adjusting once you initially install them.
plus, they come with the tools (look like two hooks from Captain Hooks
arm) you need. very simple.

trabadoo22
01-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Personally I think springs and shocks are a waist of money for a couple reasons: They arn't specifically matched for eachother and you can get coilovers for pretty much the same amount of money. As far as the Tein basics, alot of people like them, but I've heard they tend to rust after a while. This was my concern when I was looking into them since I live in NY so I went with Mugen. They are built just like the oem setup so rust isn't really an issue. I havn't had a chance to install them so I can't say how they perform, but alot of people love them. KW coilovers are another choice I would look into since they are made with stainless steel.

batboy02si
01-20-2004, 03:17 PM
thats what i was thinking, hey trab, how much were the mugens?

trabadoo22
01-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I bought the setup from kingmotorsports.com for I think $1035 shipped.
I can't wait to get them installed, I'll have to wait for summer though. It's just too damn cold out to do it now.

batboy02si
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
just alittle huh trab?! i tried to put my header on the other day and snapped two of the bottom bolts that holds the heatshield. thanks for the info, and definitly let me know how those work when you do put them on.