PDA

View Full Version : Plastic mats over OEM mats

Btrthnezr3
01-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey guys...
I just got my OEM Floormats from HandAAccessories.com this past weekend. I have heard and scene may horror stories about these very expensive floormats getting ruined by heal/toeing and just general use, wear/tear. I decided I didn't want this to happen. Thought about putting plastic mats over the oem mats but remembered hating the way they slid up and down the floorboard in my 99. Then I remebered the hooks that were holding the oem mats down were way taller than they needed to be...so I went to walmart, bought some $7.97 Good Plastic Floor Mats (4 Peice set)
Brought em home...test fitted them...trimmed them to fit (they have lines to trim)...then I marked where the hooks from the oem mats hit the plastic mats. I then took the plastic mats out and cut a slit on each mark I had made. Then, I put the plastic mat back in...pushed the slit over the hook...It was very secure but I used a small rubberband to help make sure it wouldn't come off (although, I don't think it will come off if you do a small enough slit)...
Here's how it turned out...just thought some of you guys might want to know...

If this needs to be in the "How To" section...sorry...and please move...just didn't think this was necessarily an "install"

Btrthnezr3
01-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Mats..

Btrthnezr3
01-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Hooks...

Btrthnezr3
01-19-2004, 05:08 PM
One Last View...

Btrthnezr3
01-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Hope this helps someone! And by the way...I sit so damn close to the steering wheel that you cannot see the civic si much less the hooks/slits/band. :D Don't want to ruin them purdy oem mats!

Donegan
01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Wise man.

02civicSI
01-19-2004, 05:40 PM
good idea. wish i woulda known abou tthis when i first bought the car :( now my mats are worn

k20hatch
01-19-2004, 09:01 PM
You made an impact on me!! When my mats come in...im heading to walmart!!

Type X
01-19-2004, 10:36 PM
OR

you could save your $ and your time
and just FLIP the mats over:D