PDA

View Full Version : Has American Honda teamed up with Mugen?

Donegan
01-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Huh?

Civic Page (http://www.hondacars.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Si)

It shows a black Si with Mugen option parts.

Is this a dealer option now?

Mugen Power
01-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Nah, I remember seeing that a while ago. Just read the small disclaimer at the bottom of that picture.

Blackapino85
01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
ya, their just showing what you can do with an ep. as everyone knows, the black ep is the mugen si and the red one is the greddy turbo concept.

Donegan
01-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Understood.

danoonez
01-19-2004, 07:04 PM
No but they should.

BlasTech
01-19-2004, 07:04 PM
The guy who started Mugen is the son of the guy who started Honda.

Mugen Power
01-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Actually, I don't think that it would be cool if dealers started selling Mugen stuff because it would be way too expensive. Just look at the HFP prices.

On another note, Honda's son is no longer the president of Mugen and a company called M-Tec owns Mugen now. Mr. Honda stepped down due to accusations of tax fraud but I haven't heard anything on what happened to him as far as charges and penalties are concerned.

Peking
01-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Actually, I don't think that it would be cool if dealers started selling Mugen stuff because it would be way too expensive. Just look at the HFP prices.

On another note, Honda's son is no longer the president of Mugen and a company called M-Tec owns Mugen now. Mr. Honda stepped down due to accusations of tax fraud but I haven't heard anything on what happened to him as far as charges and penalties are concerned.

Thank god someone is taking over Mugen. Expensive or not, it is good for Honda/Acura.

Mugen Power
01-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Heh, well the prices aren't/haven't come down yet. This happened a little while ago and everyone was hoping prices would come down. Oh well.

Donegan
01-19-2004, 07:46 PM
The presedent of Mugen Co. is the brother of Honda Works Co presedent...

They're called "Honda Brothers" in Japan.

My uncle has some connections with Nismo and Mugen, so he gets discounts and members-only materials.

The Mugen Co. is near their house (10-15 minutes), so it's Mugen-Time when I visit there.

If you can read Japanese, here's an e-mail I got from him.

Kis4KEN
01-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
No but they should.

...NO... they shouldn't. if amercian honda and mugen did ever team up. and american honda did offer mugen parts as options, then all our cars would look the same. and that alone... would suck balls

Donegan
01-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Kis4KEN
...NO... they shouldn't. if amercian honda and mugen did ever team up. and american honda did offer mugen parts as options, then all our cars would look the same. and that alone... would suck balls

Much like TRD and Toyota...

quincy04si
01-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Damn, that's really confusing and misleading for people who are checking out the Honda site. It's funny how they show modified cars on the main SI web page intead of the regular stock.

tony speed
01-20-2004, 11:03 AM
sometimes i muse that honda developed the SI specifically for modding....but if that were the case, they should be more supportive of fixing modded cars.

Mugen Power
01-20-2004, 11:27 AM
It would be nice if they gave us a better base to start off of, i.e. Type R. :cool:

STP03BlueSI
01-20-2004, 02:59 PM
I would like a type r for christmas santa....:D never to early to ask:)