PDA

View Full Version : o2 simulator

padelong si
01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Hey guys and girls.I found a great sim for the o2.Check it out.no wires to cut .just plugs in.
Helps you run a hi flo cat without cel(check engine light)comming on.
First one fits our cars but check part number to be sure.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/cgi-local/store/commerce.cgi?product=HONDA
;)

andy
01-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the refind (it's been discussed before ;), but fyi, some
people have had this work with limited success over at clubrsx/clubsi.

I just ordered one today (although their site is a bit funky, I hope
it went through) and I'll post results when I get it. Someone else
on here (simann?) has one as well.

styllinep3
01-19-2004, 06:54 PM
yea it will help with possibly not throwing a cel, but it still wont get you to pass emissions if thats a problem where you live. im just gonna get the rt highflow cat. it cost more, but i live in pa and they are pretty tough on emissions. if fact i think they just passed a law after the new year that makes it even tougher. go figure their more worried about my little cars exhaust then all the shit coming out of those bigrigs. its all about getting your money. :mad:

simione
01-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Yes i have had the caspers o2 sim for about 2 months now and have not gotten a cel yet. It was great, just plug and play.

Civicvtec1ps
01-19-2004, 09:39 PM
http://personal4.stthomas.edu/tnnguyen2/parts.htm
Diy...
Cheaper

David K.
01-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by simione
Yes i have had the caspers o2 sim for about 2 months now and have not gotten a cel yet. It was great, just plug and play.

I've got it too but I still have a cel approx. 80% of the time. DId you just plug it in btwn the secondary o2 sensor and the ecu under the car? I need to get my cel scanned b/c I think I have other problems.

fsugatorbait
01-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by David K.
I've got it too but I still have a cel approx. 80% of the time. DId you just plug it in btwn the secondary o2 sensor and the ecu under the car? I need to get my cel scanned b/c I think I have other problems.

You can bring your car to pepboys or autozone and they will test your car for free.

About the DIY, thats all fine and dandy, but what with the casper unit, its plug and play, no cutting involved.

David K.
01-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
You can bring your car to pepboys or autozone and they will test your car for free.

About the DIY, thats all fine and dandy, but what with the casper unit, its plug and play, no cutting involved.

Yeah I need to do that soon. When I had it scanned at Jotech when they dyno'd my car the scanner only said "dealer-specific code", it couldn't read it. This was a Snap-On brand scan tool. This is why I think I have other issues.

fsugatorbait
01-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it sounds like its something other than an o2 problem, especially if its an on and off again thing. The code for the 2nd o2 sensor is p0420 I belive which reads fine on my palm scan tool. Let us know what happens with your CEL. I just ordered the casper sim yesterday so hopefully the unit will work.