PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Race Header?

Type X
01-19-2004, 10:26 PM
They are selling that new
Jackson Racing "Race Header"
http://www.mossperformance.com/Graphics/Products/Large/989-301_1.jpg

for 650

and its "supposed" to net 16whp

do you think its worth the $ for the gains on a base k20a3?

- Me

Peking
01-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Type X
They are selling that new
Jackson Racing "Race Header"
for 650
and its "supposed" to net 16whp
do you think its worth the $ for the gains on a base k20a3?
- Me

As you know X, the numbers are most likely off some. No doubt will produce more than your standered DC header. Taking out the cat and all. Our cousins are having issues with the cel coming on even with the o2 sim. Some say this makes the car go into some sort of a safe mode. Others say it isn't a problem and you will get used to it. I would like to have one. Will wait untill more members have them, I do remember a few guys having them.

DavidT
01-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Not sure about 16whp but $600 ain't so bad for a race header. Too bad it's not legal on the street. I've heard of a few Type S guys using the JR Race header and putting a carsound cat where the test pipe is to make it legal with good results. Not too shabby.

Type X
01-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Peking
As you know X, the numbers are most likely off some. No doubt will produce more than your standered DC header. Taking out the cat and all. Our cousins are having issues with the cel coming on even with the o2 sim. Some say this makes the car go into some sort of a safe mode. Others say it isn't a problem and you will get used to it. I would like to have one. Will wait untill more members have them, I do remember a few guys having them.

yea i agree

i guess i should not try to be one of the si guinea pigs
and just feel it out

i wanted to get that FIRST than get the hondata flash
i was assuming that with the higher redline that gains would be a little higher than even stated from that guy on k-series

Peking
01-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Here you go Type-X, to respond to your question...

http://www.mossperformance.com/Browse/PlateMenuNewProducts.aspx

Not bad stuff, or prices IMO.

David K.
01-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm currently running the Caspers Electronics o2 sim on my ep and I still have a cel. Before I say that it doesn't work I need to get under the car and check the connections and the led indicators on it. However when I installed it I had no cel for around 20 minutes, then it popped on. It has come and gone a couple more times, but I'd say that 80% of the time my cel is on. Also I need to call Caspers and see if it's even supposed to work on our car, as it's actually listed for the RSX.

Peking
01-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Hey what happened to my post with the links????

These links will help the both of you...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101233

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111333

TheAnhDy
01-23-2004, 10:36 AM
What's the difference between the Type S race header and the SI race header? Some members on CLUBRSX have installed the Type S race header on the BASE without a problem. Can the SI header be installed on the BASE RSX also? Can someone check to see if they have the same product code?

Peking
01-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by TheAnhDy
What's the difference between the Type S race header and the SI race header? Some members on CLUBRSX have installed the Type S race header on the BASE without a problem. Can the SI header be installed on the BASE RSX also? Can someone check to see if they have the same product code?

The bends and placement of the exhaust (spot of the cat). You can mod a Type-S to fit the SI, but why do that when we have one.

TheAnhDy
01-23-2004, 10:43 AM
So which race header is better for the base rsx?

Peking
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by TheAnhDy
So which race header is better for the base rsx?

Oh, I got you now. I thought you were asking for the SI. Since it has been done with the Type-S's I would say go with that. Or just hold on alittle longer to see what else is coming out.

TheAnhDy
01-23-2004, 10:54 AM
I have HP header for the base rsx and i think many members on here have the same one...i don't think shorty header do much for the K20A3...so JRRH it is

anjapower
01-23-2004, 11:05 AM
i will be putting on my comptech race header in a week or two. will let you guys know how it does on the A3.

BTW, I called caspers today and they said the RSX 02 sim should work with the EP3.

slc71
01-23-2004, 11:08 AM
not to be too much of a newbie, but what does "cel" stand for?
:o

TheAnhDy
01-23-2004, 11:10 AM
C-check
E-engine
L-light

Comptech made a race header for the SI or are you using the RSX's? The toda race header looks awesome but $$$

anjapower
01-23-2004, 11:50 AM
comptech race header fits all k-series motors

dj addicted
01-23-2004, 12:58 PM
I want to see the gains from the comptech header...but then again, I might just get the DC header since it is a lot cheaper since I plan on boosting in about 4 months