PDA

View Full Version : So our cars DO come with a front strut bar.

Suk02Si
01-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Well, kinda. It doesn't attach to the top of the shock tower, but just below the steering rack.

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=CIVIC&Year=2002&TrimLevel=3DR+SI&TransLevel=5MTKA&Section=H&Category=B++48++%7CFRONT+SUB+FRAME&Doors=3&Emissions=KA&PartCatalogId=13S5S0&ViewParts=true

Its #2

I was in a car accident about 4 weeks ago and noticed a rubbing sound in the steering after I got my car back. After looking closer, I noticed the bar under the steering rack. I think mine is bent because the rubber boots, where each tie-rod arm attaches to the steering rack, rub up on the bar under load(accel. or brake).

I just found it to be pretty cool, I never noticed it was there before.
:p

fsugatorbait
01-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah, its a pretty beefy bar, wouldnt exactly call it strut bar, more of a suspension brace.

VividDreams
01-20-2004, 05:55 PM
yeah, 02 and newer civics have them, i put one on my 01 coupe, but didnt feel anything, heres why. there are 2 bolt holes on each end. 01 cars only have one hole in the chassis for a bracket that the bar sits under. its hard to get any kind of drill in there so i said screw it and never worried about it. i even forgot it was there till right before i traded it.