PDA

View Full Version : do the ebay front strut bars bend?

4g63dsm
01-20-2004, 03:02 AM
i was thinking of buying gone of these things for like 8 bucks. i've searched but most of the results i've found are for the rear bar. and some people said it was ok and others said it was shitty.i only want to hear from people who own or have owned the bar. does it bend if you drive hard? or was it a good buy.

dofu
01-20-2004, 03:31 AM
hahahah... ebay... unless you're buying reputable goods from a reputable shop... dont bother... i bought a rear strut bar for my ep for $10 to keep myself happy till my spoon strut bars came in, and they were too short... thought it might be a rear tie bar, but it was too long... then i checked the description "integ/civic strut bar" its all good... gave it to a friend as a gift. lol. but yea... if you're thinkin it might break when you see a pic of it... get somethin else. otherwise, fakes like the mugen imitations aren't bad. same friend bought one before. that foo loves ebay lol, and plus, they're only keeping the top of the struts from moving too excessively away from each other, right? i dont think they need to be that strong to do that.

fsugatorbait
01-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Suk had one on his car and bent it runnin through the canyons in CA. Dont waste your money, for $8 what do you really expect?

styllinep3
01-21-2004, 12:05 AM
i beat the hell out of mine and there no sign of bending. beside for 8 bucks how can u go wrong.